Getting update

How does a VC user get the latest update? I have version 12.1.0 but I’ve seen mention of version 12.2.3 and I’d like to get it. How?

Also, how can a user know of the availability of any new updates? Are emails supposed to be sent to users who are registered or are updates availability posted on this forum.

Also, on installing a update, how is the password handled? Does the update just replace the existing version without the need to use a password to install it? And where would I find that password in order to install the update?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

<div nuan_tabactive="true" id="nuan_ria_plugin">< style=":;:1000" ="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">< value="ff-tab-1" name="tabId">< value="1881" name="counter"></div>
>Are emails supposed to be sent to users who are registered
We only send emails when we release a major version and we'll be releasing a major version within a week. (We'll start listing the features/ bug fixes of our minor updates on our FAQ page. )
The new version will be faster, easier to use and will have a new universal accessibility feature. Will let you know more when we finish our testing.
To download an update, just follow the download link that you were sent when you purchased the product. The link will always lead you to the newest version. If your link has expired, then you'll need to buy a download.
When you buy a copy of VC 12, you'll be able to freely download all of our updates to VC12 (for the next two years).
>Also, on installing a update, how is the password handled?
We've recently changed our serial number system. The new serial number will give you unlimited activations on up to three computers - if you register the product. The serial number will work with all updates to VC12. When you download, send us an email requesting the new serial number.

Thank you, Ron, for this information. I have downloaded the 12-24 version. Would you please send the serial number or give me an email address to request it. I’m looking forward to the next release and to learning more about the power of Voice Computer and putting it to use in my practice.

<div nuan_tabactive="true" id="nuan_ria_plugin">< style=":;:1000" ="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">< value="undefined" name="tabId">< value="39" name="counter"></div>

Ron,

Will the problem with Excel 2010 where saying ‘last worksheet’ selects the worksheet before the current one, without deselecting the current one, be corrected in this update? I had understood from a previous post that it would be corrected in the last update, and that this command would take me to the last worksheet in the workbook.
Viv

Ron:

Do you or Chucker ever take a day off? I would recommend Thanksgiving. Great food and lots of football.

Keep up the good work as VoiceComputer is now my best friend. I almost have as many friends as digits on my left hand. Encouraging.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

What is a day off?

Excellent point!

Any chance you might be able to take off long enough tomorrow to enjoy a nice lunch or dinner?

Any word on when the update will be available?

By the way, if I can get this picture attached to this reply, do you have any advice what to do with a child who buys a Harley Davidson behind your back? Okay, the picture of him with his Harley-Davidson hat was too big to attach. This one has a caption by my middle daughter "Who? Me?" It was shortly after we realized he could jump up on the sinks and eat our toothbrushes!

His name is Newman. Since I have three daughters and had 2 female West Highland White Terriers before one died, I lived in estrogen hell. Therefore, the name that since he was the new man in the house. And of course, I love to say "hello Newman."

My daughters got him at a rescue pound. He was one of three brothers. He was eight weeks old and weighed 8 pounds. He was my last year's Christmas gift. They gave him to me in an Ohio State hoodie. I thought I would add this since you want to have a chuckle now and then while slaving in cyberspace and with all the electrons.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Jim

Ron,
[QUOTE=RonK]
We only send emails when we release a major version and we'll be releasing a major version within a week. (We'll start listing the features/ bug fixes of our minor updates on our FAQ page. )
The new version will be faster, easier to use and will have a new universal accessibility feature. Will let you know more when we finish our testing.
[/QUOTE]
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>There have been no postings to this forum since that message was posted nearly two weeks ago, and no changes to the FAQ page yet I have just checked the link in my email of some time ago and see that there is version 12.25 available.  Is that the new release you were talking about, or is it a beta version?</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Viv</DIV>

there is version 12.25 available

Yes but it’s a beta. We’ll have the release version, 12.25.1, later today.
And we’ll double check to make sure that the Excel commands have been fixed.