Footnotes in Word 2010

I cannot work out what to do when I have finished dictating a footnote to return to the main text. Pressing the Enter key just inserts a new line, the Tab key inserts a tab and the Escape key does nothing. The only way I can find to return to the main text is to use the mouse. Am I missing something?

Viv

PS I am using version 12.54 but I see that there have been new versions since then, although I have seen nothing to suggest what changes have been made.

Viv,

If you’re looking for VoiceComputer command you won’t find it. This is unique to Dragon and Microsoft Word.

The command is “close footnote” and it’s a Dragon command.

Thanks Chuck,

Helpful as always,

Viv

Viv,

add … footnote
back … footnote
backward … footnote
backwards … footnote
close … footnote
create … footnote …
display … footnote
forward … footnote
forwards … footnote
go to … footnote
hide … footnote
insert … footnote …
move to … footnote
next … footnote
open … footnote
previous … footnote
show … footnote
switch to … footnote
unhide … footnote
view … footnote

Found in the Command Browser under Browse | Word , keyword “footnote”

just FYI.

Thanks again Chuck,

Rather an intimidatingly lengthy list of commands, but I shall find some of them useful.

Viv

Viv,

While we try to avoid this type of overkill Re: commands in VoiceComputer, the Dragon Natural Language Commands often give you hundreds of ways of saying the same thing.

Rule of thumb when I train new users, particularly with regard to Dragon, I tell them to find the command that they are most comfortable (i.e., which is most natural) and use it consistently simply because if you try to use multiple commands for the same purpose, you end up forgetting which commands are which more often than if you simply pick the one(s) that is(are) most natural for you and easiest to remember. You’re less likely to forget that way.Chucker2013-10-20 15:03:27

Chuck,

Thanks, yes I make it a point to use as few variations of the same action as possible, in order to avoid overloading my memory. There are some times when it is useful to know a couple of different ways to perform an action, but usually it is better to use only one.

Viv