Firefox Upgrade

About a week ago, Firefox released a major update, a complete rewrite. Ever since then, it is taking a very long time for the Intags to be displayed whenever a change is made with the webpage. That would be like clicking on it or asking for a “toggle”. The time can run up to 10, 20, or even 30 seconds before I can interact with the webpage again. Other programs seem unaffected. I do not know if this is a Voice Computer problem or a Dragon problem or something particular to me. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, is anything being done or can anything be done to address it?

We’ll look at it.

We hear that Dragon will be releasing an upgrade to Dragon 15 very soon.

If it’s a Dragon problem then Firefox was probably released too late for Dragon to have made any changes.

Will test and get back to you in a couple of days.

Same issue here. Went to firefox help. many complaints. the solution suggested was to check box, under privacy/permissions to prevent 3rd a party accessibility. That does indeed stop the severe lagging issue, but, well, makes firefox useless. Under help you can find a page to revert back to FF 56. I did that and VC works just fine again, but I lost the icon to add new bookmarks.

Bryan et al.,

Back in March Nuance indicated that full support for Firefox was terminated for reasons specified in the Dragon help file.

One possible solution is to switch to Firefox ESR 52.5.0 (current version). My experience with this version and InTags is that InTags is not slowed down. However, make sure that you install the 32-bit version because the 64-bit version does not work.

I get no slowdowns with DPI 15 and this version of Firefox when using InTags.

Thank you Very much. This did the trick.

Quick random question, any rough approximation of when Dragon is going to release their upgrade?

No idea. They released their 15.1 upgrade for Dragon 15 Enterprise a month ago. Not sure what’s taking them so long to release the upgrade for Dragon 15 Individual.