Few questions about 11_5_32bit Beta

Few questions/observations about your latest Beta 11_5_32bit voice power

Installation went fine...

On my version of the Beta 11_5_32bit voice power, it has TWO "Show Voice Shortcuts" lesson icons under "Show Multimedia Guide"... They appear to be the same thing... Should one of those icons be removed?

When I say "Show multimedia guide" then "Show my videos" or "Show my Pics" or "Show my Music", how can I:

a. get out of/escape from the blue screen that is produced when I say the above, when I want to do something else? (If I say "go back" it goes back to the Main menu BUT there is a white/transparent box covering the bottom of the Main menu. I have to say "Show Main Menu" again to get rid of the white/transparent box on the bottom of the Main menu).

b. I apparently don't have much in either videos, music or pics but if I did, would the blue box show all of the items or would I have to scroll down to see them all? If so, would just using the down arrow allow me to do that?

"Show Edit Documents" - doesn't have a "show page down" but it does go down to the next page if you speak that command. (The other menus - at least the ones I've had time to check - have a "show page down" to allow one to see the next screen down without having to use your hands. So "Show Edit Documents" doesn't have the text "show page down" to remind them that is an option.)
"Show Voice Mouse" - also doesn't have a "show page down" reminder as on some other multi-paged screens".

I'm noticing that if I say "Show..." any of the options from the main menu, when I say "show go back" I get that white/transparent box covering the bottom of the VoicePower Main Menu until I say "Show main menu", which clears the white/transparent box at the bottom of the VP menu. How can I get rid of the white/transparent box that is partially covering the bottom of the VP Main Menu when I say "go back" from one of the other menus?

"Show News Guide" then "Show Interactive Speech" doesn't do anything. What is that supposed to do?

When I readjusted the VP Main Menu (to make it more narrow) and picked one of the other options to explore, e.g., "Show email guide", when I went back to Main Menu, it resized it to the original version. I'm just now noticing that if I then say "resize window" it makes the VP Main menu more narrow than the original Main Menu but it's not what I had resized it to manually. Not a big deal here but is there a way to keep the manually resized window the same dimensions I resized it to when I say "Show Main Menu" from a different menu and it goes back to the VP Main Menu?

As always, thanks for all your help! Deeply appreciated! I love the new interface and the new documentation.

Alan

Hi Alan, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

>TWO "Show Voice Shortcuts" lesson icons under "Show Multimedia Guide"...

Removed for the next release in a day or two.

>get out of/escape from the blue screen that is produced when I say the above, when I want to do >something else? (If I say "go back" it goes back to the Main menu BUT there is a >white/transparent box covering the bottom of the Main menu. I have to say "Show Main Menu"

Just say, "Close List" ("go back" is the wrong command but I'm not sure what the white transparent box is, does it have a title?

>would the blue box show all of the items or would I have to scroll down to see them all?

Yes, you'd scroll down with the "List page down" command.

To view the list commands, say "Show List Help"

(this and "close List" are listed on the top of the blue screen but these commands need to be made more visible.)

>"Show Edit Documents" - doesn't have a "show page down" but it does go down to the next >page

Added it.

>Show News Guide" then "Show Interactive Speech" doesn't do anything. What is that supposed to do?

Show News Guide shows a list of sites that you can access. You can switch to the VP window and follow the link. - Can't duplicate this error. The "Show Interactive Speech" is misnamed. Thanks.

>Not a big deal here but is there a way to keep the manually resized window the same

>dimensions I resized it to

No, but there is an set of "Display" commands. Specifically, you can position / resize a help window anyplace you wish and open other help screens (e.g. “Display Main Menu”, “Display Correction Commands”, etc.) and the help will be displayed but no windows will be resized.

In addition to the “Resize Window” and “Resize to half” commands, you can also say, “Make client window bigger/smaller.” This will resize the help window (or any other window) that is adjacent to the window you’re working in.

Thanks for the feedback!