Error 1335

I realized I had not downloaded 13.56.1. I downloaded it and extracted the files to a folder entitled "VC files."

When I ran execution file I got the following error. I retried and nothing but the error came back up.

Much appreciated.

I realized I had not downloaded 13.56.1. I downloaded it and extracted the files to a folder entitled "VC files."

When I ran execution file I got the following error. I retried and nothing but the error came back up.

Much appreciated.

Jim

uploads/33/Screenshot_-_2_19_2015__1_41_18_PM.jpg

Jim,

Delete the 13.56.1 zip file and try re-downloading. The file is corrupt. Very likely because the download didn’t process properly. The file size is not correct. It should be 1,136,034,408 bytes (1.136 GB or 1,136,034 KB) vs. what it shows in your screen capture.

Let me know if you continue to have a problem with it.

<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2015-02-19 13:25:45</editDate></edited>

As always, Chucker, I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

I actually downloaded it twice. I’m attaching both the screen capture for the completed download as well as the screen capture from where I downloaded it. Both seem to suggest the size is less than 1.3 GB.

I hope you are staying warm. I just told someone I had been this cold since I was a Marine at the frozen Chosin in Korea. Of course, I hadn’t been born yet.

Thanks so much,

Jim

uploads/33/Screenshot_-2_19_2015__4_46_26_PM.jpg

uploads/33/Screenshot-_2_19_2015__4_47_04_PM.jpg

Jim,

Not sure what’s going on with the links, but I suggested to Ron that he send you a new one. It could also be the difference between my drive and your drive, but on my system with a 1 TB physical hard drive it shows up as 1.136 GB for the VC64_Setup.exe.

Just realized that your one screenshot is showing the VC64_Setup.exe from within the zip file. Are you sure that you extracted the files or did you try to run the setup file from within the zip file because the latter doesn’t work and likely would give you the error.
Chucker2015-02-19 19:32:01

Thank you, Chucker,

I emptied everything in my C Dr. folder VC files. I then downloaded 13.56.1 and extracted the zip files to that folder. I then ran the execution file from that folder. I am now up and running with 13.56.1.

Much appreciated.

Stay warm.

Jim

Record low of -13 in Cincinnati last night!

Jim,

Whenever you get a 1355 error it will almost inevitably and always be a corrupted zip file. Or, if extracted, it will be a checksum error, which simply means that the file didn’t extract correctly.

Glad you’re up and running.