Dragon misinterpreting commands when VoicePower is

I have a problem where when VoicePower is active and running and I dictate a number such as “86”, it launches a command where it goes Up 86. If I close VoicePower, this issue does not happen.

What is the problem and what is the solution? Thanks,
Chris

I am just noticing that I’m having the same challenge. (I have the latest version of VoicePower.) I was trying to dictate a number “92” and DNS produced a blue command indication which said “Up 92” and DNS then tried to go up 92. This isn’t consistent though… sometimes it works just fine… and I am being very careful about how I pronounce things and I am in a quiet environment with a great mike. When I say “numeral 92”, the “Up 92” thing doesn’t happen.

It happens pretty much every time for me. My solution is to say “nospace” before the number I want to dictate. However, it is a Band-Aid solution.

Alan:

<p =“Msonormal”>While I have no help to offer, I have to admit I’m jealous
of your rigs. My last one included in Intel CPU engineering and a very neat
motherboard which allowed me overclock the dog snot (old family term) out of
it. A lightning strike ended up trying it. I needed to get back in service so
quickly I had a local outfit build me a total Intel. It talked me into the I3
CPU, saying that since I went with a solid-state hard drive it would be faster
than anything I which used to. I do have to say it’s pretty fast.
<p ="Msonormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p ="Msonormal">So no help from me but you do have a nice system.</p>

<p ="Msonormal">Happy holidays,</p>

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt;line-height:115%;  font-family:"Georgia","serif";mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:  minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;  mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">Jim</span></div>

Onebigfish:

<p =“Msonormal”>While I have no help to offer, I have to admit I’m jealous
of your rigs. My last one included in Intel CPU engineering and a very neat
motherboard which allowed me overclock the dog snot (old family term) out of
it. A lightning strike ended up trying it. I needed to get back in service so
quickly I had a local outfit build me a total Intel. It talked me into the I3
CPU, saying that since I went with a solid-state hard drive it would be faster
than anything I which used to. I do have to say it’s pretty fast.

<p ="Msonormal">So no help from me but you do have a nice system.</p>

<p ="Msonormal">Happy holidays,</p>

<span style="font-size:14.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt;line-height:115%;  font-family:"Georgia","serif";mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:  minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;  mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">Jim</span></div>
Yes. Found the problem in Excel 2007 and 2010 and fixed it in the upcoming release.
At least I fixed "up eightysix" and "up ninetytwo."
Changed them to "up eighty-six" and "up ninety-two."
Every release of Dragon has problems with certain numbers. Some releases won't recognize hyphens as in "up eighty-six" so I make it "up eightysix"
Dragon 11 likes an absence of a hyphen so much that it recognizes "eightysix" as "up eighty-six"
Unfortunately I can't just change the other numbers in my lists, "up eightyfive", etc., to "up eighty-five", etc, because testing may reveal that Dragon just won't understand "up seventy-six" but will recognize "up seventysix."
Am I making any sense?
(Sometimes these off the wall problems with Dragon...)
A future release of VoicePower will eliminate these problems by letting our customers edit these command lists (and stay up all night trying to find out if there's any logic to Dragon or to life.)

Thanks Ron.

Jim, thanks for your comments.