Dragon microphone constantly shutting off-red colored microphone

My Dragon microphone just shuts off on its own. it occurs most frequently when I am dictating into a table. However, it does so in Outlook, Gmail and Word.

Not only is it incredibly annoying but slows down productivity.

Any thoughts?

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

As always, thanks so much,

Jim Triona

When I had this happening years ago to me, it had to do with my hotkey setting to turn the Dragon microphone on and off. If you don’t use the hotkey, just go into your tools, options, “hot keys” setting and delete that entry for “microphone on/off”. See if the problem goes away.

Thank you so much for replying.

I have highlighted In the hotkeysThe “Microphone on/off” line. I can figure out how to delete it.

Hopefully, you can help me with that.

I think the line was from the movie “Blazing Saddles”: “I need all the help I can get.” As memory serves, I think it was said by a prisoner in the jail hanging upside down from the top bunk.

Thanks again and much appreciated,

Jim Triona

Hello again,

I meant to say I could not figure out how to delete it.

Take care,

Jim

with the hotkeys window open, typically the first line (returning microphone on and off) is already highlighted. Either way, with that line highlighted, say “edit”, which should bring the option up in a window for you. Then say “backspace”. That should erase the entry. Then say “okay”, Then say “apply”.
Then exit the options window.

tareid,

your suggestion was spot on. Dragon is now working perfectly.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me the advice.

All the best,

Jim Triona