Creating some new commands

Ron,

I’m trying to create a command to quickly move (cut) a file to a specific location, like: “21 to Desktop” or “35 to DATA” (name of my partition).
First, can AppBringUp be implemented in the VC XML files, so far I only see ShellExecute. If so, is the coding the same as in Dragon?
Also is there any code to activate a specific window (make it the active window)

Meanwhile for those who use the program WINRAR here is the “archive <number” and the extract command. So simply say things like, archive 21, extract 99.
(Will also work with other zip programs But you may have to adjust mimic phrases/wait times a little)

And then there is the properties command. For instance “properties 81”

]]>

]]>

]]>
Rob

Speech19652017-10-13 09:20:26

No response yet…Ron or Chuck?
Speech19652017-10-13 09:20:38

Sorry. Your post never showed up as a new post on my system so I missed it. Will respond tomorrow.

Yes, I was already waitingShocked

While you’re at it, is it possible to create an even more refined intag grid than the ‘14 by 14’?
I would like one of 25 by 25 or even more is that possible?

Rob

Speech19652017-10-13 09:20:53

Rob,

>I would like one of 25 by 25 or even more is that possible?

Yes but typically, we charge for customization. You can email me with a list of the commands you want…

In regards to running programs,

You can use ShellExecute with

Or you can use open app= with our vp-script language.
This also lets you position windows on the desktop with the place align command.

Or, you can use Dragon’s scripting language! We haven’t continued development of our commmand language since Dragon makes their command language so accessible at a great price with their Dragon Professional Individual versions.

Thank you Ron,

In order to use this command, I will probably have to enable one of the global command sets?
Using that full set will slow things down a little I'm afraid (at the moment I've got VC running at a great speed with only the Intag/My Intags XMLs enabled combined with a very low delay time) unless of course I can delete its contents and only place this, and other new commands in it?
Which part of that global command set can be safely deleted for this purpose by the way?

About the customization, I take it that won't be cheap? (I only need this very refined grid command)
Wish I were a programmer myself ;-)
Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know which basic program language Evan used for the overlay part in VC (Visual Basic, Java etc)? As I'm planning to learn a programming language in the future ( but I know that that will take lots of energy - steep learning curve).

Rob
Speech19652017-10-13 09:21:10

Rob,

> I’ve got VC running at a great speed with only the Intag/My Intags XMLs enabled combined

In order reduce the number of commands files, and a few other reasons, I combine a few command sets into a command.xml file and a command set may be spread over more than one command file.

Thus, you may only have enabled a few commands sets, but additional command sets are being read into memory. And, you probably have some office and global commands active. I would think that this would little impact on the speed of your system…

For those who only want Intags, we’ll be introducing an Intag only product within the next week or so. Any VoiceComputer user can get a free copy.

Please let me know what files are in your
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom directory

And I’ll let you know where you can paste the new command you want.

(Since you’re not a programmer, you do realize that my sample command doesn’t perform the actions you want, it only shows some of things that are possible.)

As for the customization, the cost for creating several grid patterns would be $75. -$150.

Evan uses a wide variety of programming languages but I don’t think he ever uses basic.

I would think that you’d get the most benefit for the least amount of time if you learn how to use autohotkey.

Ron,

I don’t use any office programs (just notepad and wordpad ;-))
the only xml files that are currently in my custom folder are:

displaynumbers.xml
showcustomoverlay.xml
showCustomOverlayActive.xml
vc1.xml

Very cool by the way, that the small intag program will be freely available for VC users!
Will the XML files be equally adjustable as the ones in VC?

Rob

Speech19652017-10-13 09:21:27

Here’s a blank (global) command list for you to use.

uploads/10/custom_commands1.zip

>Will the XML files be equally adjustable as the ones in VC?

Not in the first release but soon.

Ron, is this XML document just a blank container for Rob to put in custom commands or is it also a way to turn off all global commands?

Phil Schaadt

Phil,

A simple way to eliminate all global command sets is to delete both the XML files out of the C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom folder.
It’s probably wise to disable them first in the configure voice computer dialogue.

Rob

The XML is just a blank container for Rob or anyone else. It’s far better to create your custom commands in your own xml file so it doesn’t get overwritten with updates, etc.

Ron, got it

Rob, your description is a not completely accurate as that folder also contains the custom overlay XML documents as well as the help system XML. I’m not sure if the display numbers XML document, which has multiple references to chrome, is no longer used with the new chrome plug-in but Ron will have to weigh in on that.

As it stands, somebody might delete all of them.

Phil Schaadt

The displaynumbers.xml includes commands for the Chrome extension.

The vc1.xml includes essential VoiceComputer commands to let you configure VC, etc.

Phil,

The custom overlay XML file is located in:
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer folder
not in the:
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom folder.

So the only XML’s I currently have in that custom folder are
vc1.xml
displaynumbers.xml
showcustomoverlay.xml

It’s good that Ron explained about the vc1.xml. Leave that one in its place.
VC intag commands won’t work properly without that file.
Since I use disk imaging (Acronis True Image) I keep a backup of the most recent CustomOverlays.xml, and simply copy it back whenever I restore my image, or when there is a new VC version available like right now.

Anyway with Windows 7 this all works like a charm.

However, with Windows 10 there will be problems because the original files will be restored for some reason after a couple of reboots. So I also modified the

C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerconfigVoiceComputerCommandsCustom folder and put only the following XMLs in it:

displaynumbers.xml
showcustomoverlay.xml

And now it appears to keep working properly.

As far as Windows 10 in combination with both Dragon and VC is concerned, in my experience Windows 10 is a total disaster.
Lots of commands suddenly stopped working, the microphone is constantly ‘hearing’ things.
Recognition starts deteriorating.
On top of that Microsoft has done its best to make all general tweaks and settings that were so easy to edit in Windows 7 nearly impossible.
Then there is the most annoying copy and paste problem in Windows 10. Copying a URL from a browser usually needs to be done twice.
And then some…

I am a very happy Windows 7 user and will be period :wink:

Rob

In our tech company we have stuck with Win7 for workstations and Win8.1 for laptops/ultrabooks.

Phil