correcting multiple text

I recall reviewing a demonstration where I believe Ron went through correcting multiple text, including choosing all of them and being able to correct all of them out once. Try as I might I can’t find that demo.

Anyone know where it is?

Thanks so much,

Jim

Jim,

Don’t think that we have a demo of this. But, the Show Select Text Demo and Show Delete Multiple Tutor demonstrate selecting and deleting multiple instances of text.

RonK2012-08-01 09:05:36

Thank you, Ron,

Maybe I was thinking of the multiple delete demo.

I suppose you’re working on an upgrade for the Dragon version 12.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

Yes, should be available shortly and it is absolutely necessary to upgrade to VoiceComputerâ„¢ for DNS 12 because Nuance changed the ground rules for command management and analysis. Therefore, we had to make the appropriate changes to maintain full compatibility with DNS 12. However, as Ron points out, the new version of VoiceComputerâ„¢ for DNS 12 is perfectly backward compatible with DNS 11-11.5 and DNS 10.1 because we check your system and set it up appropriately depending upon the version of Dragon that you're using. What we've added is new support for DNS 12 and it's command management changes.

As far as a tutorial or a demonstration, like Ron I don't recall because we've done enough of them that it now gets difficult to remember what we've done and what we haven't done yet. Nonetheless, the explanation below should help you understand where you can and cannot use "choose all".
As far as correcting multiple instances (duplicate text) using the Multiple List XYZ commands, there are a couple of caveats:
1. You cannot correct all instances of duplicate text in the visible portion of a document by using the "choose all" command option. "Choose all" only works if, when correcting multiple instances of the same word or phrase, pulls up the Correction menu first and the correction is listed in the Correction menu. If it is not, and you have to go to the Spelling window to add and/or added a correction, then what you correct is only entered for the last numbered item. Therefore, if you have multiple instances that need correction under this condition, you would have to correct each one individually.
2. If you issue the command to "Correct , there are multiple instances (duplicates) of that word or phrase, issuing the correction command pulls up the Correction menu with the appropriate correction displayed as one of the options in the Correction menu, then you can say "choose #", where #= the number of the appropriate choice, and all instances of that word or phrase will be replaced in the document with the option in the Correction menu that you choose.
On the other hand, "choose all" does not work for the Select XYZ commands. If you try to "choose all" with the Select XYZ command when it displays multiple instances of a word or phrase, all you will get is the last instance replaced by "choose all" as text.
"Choose all" only works with the Delete, Capitalized, Cut, and Correction as noted above.
Just for everyone's edification.
Chucker2012-08-07 10:19:56