Configuring VoiceComputer but dictation goes to di

Chucker walked me through what I needed to do to open and save files using the show my computer method. When I get to the menu after giving the tag command, when I dictate the name of the bookmark, dictation box (tag wizard) pops up and I have to dictate into it and then transfer it to the bookmark.

Is this normal?

Thanks so much and happy holidays,

Jim

Jim,</p><p>I am having the same problem with the newest version. Before, I would say, "open tag stuff folder" and the folder I tagged previously would open. Now, the dictation box opens only.  </p>
> Now, the dictation box opens only.
Whenever you issue a command and the dictation box opens, it usually means one of three things:
1) You misspoke the command,
2) The command set is disabled.
3) We screwed up.
a) We left the command list out of the last release or two for the "Open from (or save to) folder command. Thus, to use the "Open from (or save to) folder command, you need to say, "Configure VoiceComputer" and then Enable another command set, for instance, FireFox commands. This will let VC refresh the command lists and add the command list that we left off in the most recent releases.
b) Not sure why the "Open tag " is not working. Will check first thing in the morning.

Ron,

<p>I opened the enable/disable voice computer commands. I checked off Firefox and then shutdown both Dragon and voice computer from the voice computer command. However, my computer is not recognizing, "tag" at all. I even created a new tag folder by doing the usual method of,<font face="Arial">show my documents, list 25 and then tag 10, and then bookmark and save. When I issue the command, "open tag roster folder" essentially nothing happens now. Previously I was using that many times a day every day.</font></p><font face="Arial"></font>

I’m looking at this right now.

Please try the following and let me know:
Hold down the ctrl key (this forces Dragon to recognize only commands) and issue the command. This worked for me and now the commands are working without holding down the control key. There may be an issue with the name of the command so I’m going to try renaming it
if this doesn’t work, try the following:
Say, “Show My Favorites”, does the tag show up?
Go to an application (e.g., Word) and say, “Open from folder” or “Save to folder.” Do these commands work?
Say, "Show ". Does this work? This is a command that we forgot to document. I think that it is, in many cases, more useful than "Open tag ".
<edited><editID>RonK</editID><editDate>2012-12-28 11:21:27</editDate></edited>

Ron,

Holding down the control key worked!

Ron,

It worked, but it was temporary and inconsistent. It seems like it’s not hearing the word, “tag”. I had to hit the control key again just a few commands later.

It seems like it’s not hearing the word, “tag”.

Agreed. I’m working on it. First, I’m going to try to rename the command and second I’m going to try to fix a problem with DNS 12 that causes it to sometimes cut off the last character when it recognizes a command. (You can see this in the results box.)

While you are at it, the command that shows in results for display numbers shows as , “displaynumberss”

Gary,

Couple of quick points:

1. If Dragon is having a problem recognizing the word “tag”, try training it in the Vocabulary Editor. It may just be the Dragon doesn’t like what it hears when you pronounce the word “tag”. By training it in the Vocabulary Editor you append the way you pronounce the word “tag”. Or, it may be as simple as the fact that you don’t use that word very often and Dragon’s SilentAdapt (PelAudio Acoustic Scale Score) has decided that since you use the word so infrequently, if at all, it has reduced the confidence level and simply requires you to retrain it to reset the confidence level.
2. We are aware of the fact that Dragon seems to want to add an additional letter to the end of VoiceComputer commands. It has no impact on whether or not the commands execute properly, but it does seem to occur most notably in and with DNS 12.

Chuck,

So far, your suggestion seems to be working well. I will let you know if it becomes inconsistent. Many thanks again.

The "Open tag " has continued to work for me but I’ve had a few intermittant problems.

The “Open tag <left, upper right, right, center>” commands are broken because the lists were incomplete.
I’m fixing these now. These incomplete lists could be the reason that the "Open tag " is having problems.
Will let you know.

RonK2012-12-28 18:06:41

Ron,

The command, “open tag folder name” seems to be working consistently now.

I search throughout the help files and could not find a way to edit and delete some of my previous favorite entries. So, I have two questions.

1.How do I edit or delete entries that I previously created as tag favorites?

2. In the interest of being self-service, how would I have searched the help files to find that? I went to the voice power index but could not find the help there. Did I follow the correct process?

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>> "open tag folder name" seems to be working
consistently now.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'><o:p> </o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>I believe that the problem was caused by a couple of missing lists
in our command set. (If a command list is missing in DNS 12, the whole command
set becomes unreliable.) I now fixed it so the “Open tag <folder name>
<left, right, lower left, screen right...> commands will work in the next
release (within a week) and the “Open tag <folder name>” will work
reliably.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'><o:p> </o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>>1.How do I edit or delete entries<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>Say, “Show My Favorites”, then “delete 8” where 8 is the entry you
wish to delete, and then create the bookmark you want.<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>>2.</span><span style='color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'> In the interest of being self-service, how would I have searched
the help files to find that? I went to the voice power index<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>> <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>but could not <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>find the help there. Did I follow the correct
process?</span><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'><o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>This is listed under ‘tag’ in the index and the reference is to “Show
Tags Lesson.” This is also listed under “Files and Folders.”<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>An easier way is to say, “Search
VoiceComputer” and look for tags or favorites. <o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 7.5pt;'>And lastly, you can find it from the main menu<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>(with the most recent release: Click Computer
Control > click Accessing Files > Click Favorite Commands.)<o:p></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>

Gary,

Ron beat me to the punch because I was doing some research into how you can access the "tag" commands. Here's a couple of quick points in addition to Ron's post.

1. You can't edit a tag. You can only delete it. If you want to create a new tag, then you have to use that process. Unlike VoiceShortcuts, creating and deleting tags is limited to just that, either creating or deleting.
2. One way of finding all of the tag commands in the VoiceComputer Help is to understand that all of the processes involved in creating and deleting tags are "lists". One of the easiest ways to find these commands is to say "Show list help" followed by "show section 3. There are any number of ways of getting to explanations of these commands but going to the list help screen is probably the most useful in terms of covering all the features and commands related to lists.

Ron and Chuck,

I’m sorry to be the Excederin bottle here but when I say,delete 8 nothing happens. I gave the command show my favorites. I then saw the numbered list as is customary. But, when I say delete 8, nothing happens. I’m wondering if it responds when you say the same.

Gary,

No problem. Deleting tags applies to custom tags only because the other types that show up in my favorites are fixed. Therefore, only the tags that you create can be deleted.

Fortunately, the solution is simple if not obvious or intuitive. If you want to delete a tag that you created, the command is "Delete tag #". "Tag" must be part of the command. You cannot simply say "Delete 1" or "Delete 8". In other words, relative to your post, you have to say "Delete tag 8". "Tag" is a critical keyword as part of the command.

Bingo!!

It works perfectly. I am thrilled and happy new year.