configure voice shortcuts

I have configured a few voice shortcuts in Outlook so that I can put e-mails into a request folder that is located in the parent folder labeled MIT. I found the example in the demo video I am able to move e-mails from my inbox to their request folder but I am not allowed to open the requests folder by saying “change to request folder”. Any suggestions?

Haven't seen this. Usually, when "Send to xyz Folder" works, so does "Change to xyz Folder."

Please email me the settings.ini file located in the DocumentsVoicePower directory.
(I'm still trying to get my tech guy to get the attach files feature working on this forum.)

[QUOTE] I have configured a few voice shortcuts in Outlook so that I can put e-mails into a request folder that is located in the parent folder labeled MIT. I found the example in the demo video I am able to move e-mails from my inbox to their request folder but I am not allowed to open the requests folder by saying "change to request folder". Any suggestions? [/QUOTE]

Dan,

Generally speaking, Ron is correct if you can "send" or "move" e-mail messages to a particular folder using the Outlook VoiceShortcuts (e-mail VoiceShortcuts), then you should be able to change to those folders.

However, there are few caveats:

The first caveat is that many users of VoicePower, including myself, occasionally forget that when you issue one of these commands you have to end it with the word "folder". That is, if you want to send, move, or change to a folder named "request folder" then any of those commands must be followed by the word "folder". I assume that you understand that, but it's easy to forget and leave that off the end of the command, in which case the command will not execute.

The second caveat is that after you create an Outlook shortcut to one of your Outlook folders, you may find that it takes a few seconds for VoicePower to update the VoiceShortcuts. If it doesn't work the first time, try re-issuing the command. Just like with Dragon, VoicePower needs to refresh itself when you create a new command (VoiceShortcuts).

The third caveat is that you can't have duplicate e-mail folders even if they are under different main folders. For example, if you have a shortcut for MIT>request folder and one under BIT>request folder, the command won't work because it will go to the first "request folder" that it finds. This is an Outlook issue with the "go to" command, not a VoicePower issue.

The fourth caveat is that, for the same reason as above, there are times when the first few letters of the folder to which you wish to send, move, or change to our identical to other subfolder names, you can get incorrect results.

The fifth caveat is be careful what you give as a command name. For example, if the folder that you want to go to is the "request folder" and you give it a command "request folder", then saying send, move, or change to "request folder" must be spoken as, for example, "change to request folder folder". Try to avoid using command names, or spoken names, that are identical to the folder names. This doesn't occur in every situation, but it does occur and, again, it is an Outlook issue with the way that Outlook searches when you issue the VoicePower command. Sometimes you have to play with these spoken names to get the command to execute properly.

The last caveat is to make absolutely certain that there are no spaces after the ">" anywhere in the folder designation. If there are spaces, then the command will not execute. That is, there can be no spaces at all in the folder designation text box.

Not assuming that you're doing anything wrong relative to the above. I'm just presenting these FYI as issues that you can check.

Chucker2012-04-13 14:16:01