Com returned an unexpected error code message

Hello,

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">I recently reinstalled
Voicecomputer version 14.5. I can’t seem to get it working.</span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">Whenever I try and run
Voicecomputer, I get an error message saying:</span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">“Voicecomputer failed to start,
com returned an unexpected error code: details are E_unexpected”.</span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black"><span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span></span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">My Dragon NaturallySpeaking
installation is working fine. No problems there. However,</span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">with Voicecomputer, this issue
happened right after Voicecomputer tried auto retrieving my licence details
from a previous installation on my PC. </span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black"> </span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">I’ve done some searching, and
read about a similar issue regarding Adobe Acrobat and Dragon NaturallySpeaking
“hooking” onto all programs so it can perform at its best when using them etc.
I’ve uninstalled Adobe Acrobat but this hasn’t made any difference. Any ideas
what could be the culprit?</span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black">Many thanks in advance.</span></p>

<p style="margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;  font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:black"> </span></p>

Soti,

First, don't reinstall VoiceComputer with Dragon loaded. Close Dragon completely before attempting to reinstall VoiceComputer.

Second, after you have close Dragon completely, go to the Windows Control Panel | Programs and Features | VoiceComputer, and click on uninstall. Note that you should close the VC microphone before doing this (i.e., right-click on the VC microphone icon in the systray and click Close.

Reboot your system and then reinstall VoiceComputer.

The error is due to the fact that there is a corrupted file someplace in your install (VoiceComputer). Also, before you do this send us the following files:

VP_ErrorLog.txt

VoiceComputer Log.txt

Let us know if that fixes the problem.

Hello Chuck,
I have sent you my log files at the info@voicecomputer.com address.
I have done the above process as you suggested but am still getting the same issues. Problem still remains.
Thanks
Soti

Soti,

Send your Dragon log to me at chuck@voiceteach.com. That will let me see your entire system configuration as well as what might be happening.