Citrix, Epic electronic record,voice computer

Hello to everyone.

I'm new to the forearm.

I just found to this site today.

I am running the electronic medical record known as Epic, usually connected by a cicatrix connection.

Will Voice computer work through this set up?

Thanks

I doubt that Intags, VoiceComputer’s speech interface, will work with EPIC out-of-the-box. From what I’ve heard, EPIC is completely inaccessible. But, with customization we could make it accessible.

Our speech interface will work with Citrix but we might need to do some customization for your environment.

RonK2016-04-10 08:42:37

I also have some curiosity about Citrix Receiver and the programs which it serves. Currently using <span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-: EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA”>VoiceComputer 14 for Business / Government
Edition, Citrix 14.4.100, Win 10, and DMPE 2.5 (engine 12, I have learned). <span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-: EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA”>VoiceComputer v14 correctly provides InTags for the Citrix Receiver window(s), but not for any program that gets served up by Citrix. For example my employer serves up many programs via Citrix, including EPIC and Outlook 2010. InTags are provided for the icons placed in the Citrix Receiver window for all the programs, but once a program is opened, no InTags are available, at least not for menus as the InTags appear in a non-Citrix served program.

<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-: EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA”>
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-: EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA”>I assume it is not EPIC that is “locked-down”, but instead Citrix locks down any access to what is essentially a local front-end that is securely tunneled to the actual program, residing on the Citrix farm server, no? I say this as every program I started from Citrix was similarly isolated from InTags, and not just EPIC.
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-: EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA”>
<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-US;mso-fareast-: EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA”>Any past experience accessing any Citrix served program with VoiceComputer v14 / InTags? Perhaps the Citrix version also plays a role?

I purchased VoiceComputer v14 primarily to access EPIC, as the “Display Numbers” in KnowBrainer also did not work within a Citrix served program. I like it and will continue to use it, but was disappointed to discover it also was isolated from programs served with Citrix, at least out of the box. It was the last line in a post pasted below from Ron (I’m thinking RonK here - one of or the developer of VoiceComputer?) I ran across with a Google search that gave me hope that VoiceComputer / InTags could access Citrix programs, including EPIC.

Regards,

SteveK

<table =“MsonormalTable” border=“1” cellspacing=“1” cellpadding=“0” width=“98%” style=“color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; width: 853px; border: 1pt solid rgb204, 204, 204; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;”><p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0px;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>Thanks! So, KnowBrainer has introduced ‘Display Numbers’.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0px;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>Display Numbers/ Show Numbers / SpeechStart+ are just copies of Microsoft’s patented ‘Show Numbers’. This technology only display numbers for controls that are already accessible.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0px;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>That is not enough.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0px;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>The major problems with speech recognition are that there are too many commands (which makes it too difficult), most programs are not completely accessible and many programs are completely inaccessible.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 1.8pt; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>VoiceComputer’s Intags are not a copy of Microsoft’s technology. Intags is the first global speech interface. It’s the only technology that lets you control anything and everything on your computer by voice.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt 28.5pt; padding: 0px; line-height: 13.8pt; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>· Greater Accessibility Our Intag technology breaks the barriers of active accessibility. Intag makes it easy to access and control previously inaccessible controls. For example, you’ll be able to quickly control Outlook 2007’s Inbox and PDF and Word forms. (Intags for PDF & Word Forms is an optional feature.)<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt 28.5pt; padding: 0px; line-height: 13.8pt; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>· Fast and Simple We eliminated unnecessary commands. For example, our numbered overlay reopens after each command, simplifying control and letting you quickly control and drill through applications.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt 28.5pt; padding: 0px; line-height: 13.8pt; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style
=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>· Complete Intags offers complete mouse control. You can issue any mouse command (click, double, right,& shift click) and drag and drop, etc. You can even create your own custom commands by combining any combination of clicks and keys that you want.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt 28.5pt; padding: 0px; line-height: 13.8pt; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>· Customizable We can customize previously inaccessible programs so you can quickly control any application, no matter how complex, with our consistent, easy-to-use follow-the-numbers interface.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0px; line-height: 13.8pt;”><span style=“font-family: “CG Omega”;”>Bottom line? Intags let you control both your applications and the Internet (with the Chrome extension). VoiceComputer lets you control far more applications and websites than KnowBrainer, with its thousands of commands and Display Numbers. Even with customization, neither Dragon nor KnowBrainer let you control thousands of the most complex, mouse-intensive applications, like JMP, Compass and EPIC, nor do they let you control the CITRIX environment, nor tens of thousands of mouse intensive, proprietary applications like CALWIN and CWS/CMS. Intags let you control anything and everything.<p =“Msonormal” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0px; line-height: 13.8pt;”><span style=“font-size: small; font-family: “CG Omega”;”> <p =“Msonormal” align=“left” style=“margin: 0in 0in 0pt; padding: 0px; text-align: left;”><span verdana",“sans-serif”;="" color:="" black;="" mso-ansi-:="" en-ca;="" mso-fareast-:="" en-ca;"="" style=“font-size: 9pt;”>Ron

VoiceComputer Developer