Chrome InTags shown only on menu, never on webpag

I posted on this problem several versions ago and was able to fix it. Now, after the 1803 update to Windows, the same problem is back.

It used to be possible to switch from menu InTags to webpage InTags by saying toggle.

Are Chrome InTags now only available for menu items?

The 1803 update shouldn’t affect Chrome Intags.

> I posted on this problem several versions ago and was able to fix it.

Haven’t seen this. How were you able to fix it the last time?

I’d suggest that you uninstall /reinstall the extension.

Here’s a link to it:
<span style=“font-size: 18pt; line-height: 27.6px; font-family: “Times New Roman”, serif; color: black; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial;”> <span style=“color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 18pt; line-height: 27.6px; font-family: “Times New Roman”, serif; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial;”> <span style=“color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 13.5pt; line-height: 20.7px; font-family: “Times New Roman”, serif; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial;”><span =“m_-988206550989753527gmail-m_-1562100499099712158m_2074110756596691177gmail-m1482844178421554538gmail-m7240474781179022474gmail-m8399741773813207299gmail-m-1388071699379924355m-7245878162469113728gmail-m5013214098446379162gmail-m4920269091264015100gmail-m-5397043900401984459gmail-m1691953923608612993gmail-m23247466”><span =“m_-988206550989753527gmail-m_-1562100499099712158m_2074110756596691177gmail-il”><span =“m_-988206550989753527gmail-il”><span =“il”>Intag Chrome
How I fixed it last time — probably by doing as you recommend this time. It was a while ago, and I can't remember. At any rate, the InTags began behaving normally in Google Chrome.

However, this time, uninstalling and reinstalling have not worked. The InTags continue to "stick" to the menu in Google Chrome. I may just switch to Firefox. It is a very friendly dictation environment, compared to Google Chrome.

Email me the Voicecomputer log.txt and the settings.ini files.

They’re located in C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer
Here are the files.

uploads/906/VoiceComputer_Log_uploads/906/settingsA.txtMay.txt
uploads/906/settingsA.txtuploads/906/VoiceComputer_Log_June.txt
uploads/906/settingsA.txt

Nothing obvious in the logs except that it’s not connecting.

I’ll go through my notes. Haven’t had other users with this problem so it’d be great if we could remember what changes you made the last time this happened.

In the next week I’ll put together a test version for you that’ll give us more information.

"it’d be great if we could remember what changes you made the last time this happened"

Thanks for checking into this.

Here is how the Intags Chrome Extension began misfiring the first time:

First, “Intag Window” began acting like “Intag menu”. Then the command began activating Intags for both the menu and the window, and there was no way I could turn them off by voice. At that point, I removed the extension, closed Google Chrome, reopened it and reinstalled the extension. That seemed to fix the problem.

As I mentioned, doing the same thing this time did not change anything. Google Chrome opens with menu Intags. I have no trouble dealing with the menu by voice.

However, I cannot get any response to “toggle” or “Intag window”.
<edited><editID>doicet</editID><editDate>2018-06-07 02:05:26</editDate></edited>

My guess is that there’s a conflict with another Chrome extension, most likely a security extension.

What other Chrome extensions are installed?

Daniel et al.,

The command to "toggle" works fine in Internet Explorer/Firefox because it is designed to refresh InTags by temporarily disabling such so that you can see what's underneath.

However, it isn't designed to work with Google Chrome's "InTag menu" and "InTag window" (i.e., InTag Chrome). Sometimes it will, but that is simply a quirk. What "toggle" is designed to do is to close InTags for short period of time and refresh them so that you can see underneath. It is not designed to switch between the Google Chrome menu bar and the Chrome hyperlinks on a webpage.

Bottom line is that when the menu bar numbered by saying "InTag menu" and you follow it with "toggle", toggle simply refreshes the InTag menu. What you were saying occurs only if InTag menu shuts down the numbers for the menu bar inadvertently because then the InTag Chrome extension takes over, but toggle doesn't do this by design, which is why you get screwy results.

"Life's Rule #1: Once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend." (Variant of Murphy's Law - Edward A. Murphy, Jr)

Chucker2018-06-07 19:04:03
Thank you, Chucker. For clarity, I have had no problems with Voicecomputer software and viral interventions. However, for me Smart Screen has been a nuisance program that intervenes relatively frequently with business data downloads.

I have both Malwarebytes and Kaspersky installed, as a belt and braces approach, and I would hope that these provide levels the defence at least equivalent to Windows Defender and its dissident sister Smart Screen.

This may be a rare instance where we must disagree with each other. Because I am not an IT professional, I think that we have to differ on this one since I can ill afford to dedicate vast business time to resolving computer difficulties.

Thank you, Rob, for your instructions. I have disabled Smart Screen, but it does have an ability to switch itself on from time to time (perhaps during Windows updates).

Regards Stephen
Ron,

I've been having the same problem lately. The intags work beautifully on the taskbar and on the menu but not where I really need them in the middle part of a given webpage. It doesn't happen everywhere and on all webpages. For example, on Microsoft Outlook it works beautifully. But it occurs on chrome pages and Firefox. I thought there was a command that forces the Intags to number the middle part of a webpage on a browser. The most obvious would be the, "intag window" command. But that doesn't seem to be working. Do you have any suggestions?

>But it occurs on chrome pages and Firefox.

There are no numbers on any web pages in Chrome and Firefox?

Anything new Chrome or Firefox extensions?

Please email me the VoiceComputer Log.txt in
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer

But it occurs on chrome pages and Firefox.

No numbering on any web page in Chrome or FireFox?

Any new Chrome/Firefox extensions?

Please send me the VoiceComputer Log.txt file in

C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer

Daniel,

Everything still working?

Please send me the Dragon log (look for Show Dragon Log in Windows search) and the VoiceComputer log.txt file (located in C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer).

I’d like to see what changed in the log files when the Chrome Intags started working.