changing font color

I have an interesting problem. Whenever I dictate in a Word document using the font color black, and select a portion of it and change the font color, for example to read, with the command "make that red "I cannot get back to the original font color of black. The Dragon commands are of no assistance and I can find nothing in voice power with regard to font color.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Jim

[QUOTE] I have an interesting problem. Whenever I dictate in a Word document using the font color black, and select a portion of it and change the font color, for example to read, with the command "make that red "I cannot get back to the original font color of black. The Dragon commands are of no assistance and I can find nothing in voice power with regard to font color. [/QUOTE]

Jim,

This is probably one of the more confusing issues surrounding the Natural Language Commands in DNS for Microsoft Word.

First, when you issue the command "make it dark red" it acts on either the selection or the last utterance. However, when you're finished using that color you can't say "make it black" because that doesn't change the current font color (default), which you changed by saying "make it dark red". Therefore, whenever you perform a "new line", "new paragraph" or any other Dictation command or move around in the document and then go back to the location where you want to continue dictating, the default color will be the last thing that you spoke (i.e., make it dark red).

Second, to change the default font color for all subsequent text after you issue the "make it " requires another Natural Language Command which is "change[ the] font color to ". However, don't try looking for it in the Command Browser because it's embedded deep in one of the change font color commands. That's one of those commands that it's almost impossible to find. However, it does exist and it does work, and it will change the default font color back to the color that you want. Keep in mind that these Natural Language Commands, as you already know, only apply to the colors that are default options in the Natural Language Commands. So, if you want to change the font color to Teal 30%, then you have to create an Advanced Scripting command for that, or a Word macro and call it from an Advanced Scripting command.

Thanks so much, Chucker:

I will start using that new command.

Much appreciated.

Jim