change fonts

Can’t figure out how to change fonts.

dumb I know.

Thanks,

jim

Jim,

In Microsoft Word 2010 try ‘font menu’ followed by the name of the font, then tab through the other fields in the pop-up box to change style, size etc.

Viv

k00651262013-03-23 11:46:37

I thought it was (after selecting the text - entire document, paragraph, sentence, etc.) “format that Font type and font size.” So if you wanted the font to be Arial in 12 point you would say “format that Arial 12.” I was having a problem doing this with Time New Roman.

Try ‘Times New Roman’ instead.

Viv

Oops typo. That’s what I meant.

Sorry, I didn’t realise it was a typo. It looks as if you have the same problem with any font which has more than one word in its name. The solution seems to be to say ‘font menu’ and then you can say ‘Times New Roman’ and this will be accepted. Say ‘<span =“Apple-tab-span” style=“white-space:pre”> tab’ to move to the font style drop down list and if you want the bold italic option it appears that you have to first choose the bold item in the list, and then say down 1 to get to the bold italic menu item. You can then tab through the rest of the fields.

Viv

Sorry, I meant on this forum.

Appreciated,

Jim

Jim,

I understand now. I cannot find a way to change the font using my voice, even using the full reply editor.

Viv

Viv & Jim,

Unfortunately, the forum is not designed to change fonts by voice command. It’s tricky but it basically involves HTML commands.

First, before you dictate anything set up the font, size, and color that you want but you need to click the drop-down list and select Basic Mode vs. Prompt mode. Then you set the font style, size, and color from the drop-down list for each.

If you look at the formatting you’ll see that there is a start format and an end format. Dictate your text between the last start format entry and first end format entry. For example, I set this reply of using Arial, Size 2 and the color blue. Note the results. Chucker2013-03-26 21:03:22

Chucker,

as always, thanks for getting back to me. Now the dumb question: where is the drop-down list you are referring to?

Appreciated,

Jim

Jim,

In the Quick Reply editor click the second icon from the right to open the Rull Reply Editor. You will see two drop down lists just above where you type your message to change the font, (only 6 options), and size, (7 options).

Viv

I am trying it by first dictating what I want to have in a different font, size and color. I tried it without dictating and got some pop up that says VoiceComputer needs more information.

After that, I was stumped.

Much appreciated,

Jim

Jim et al.,

As I said previously, it’s not that simple note the following:

Chucker,

trying it again.[COLOR=blue]

I wonder if it worked. It didn’t.

Not that big a problem.[COLOR=blue]

thanks anyway,

Jim

Jim,

Try :-
[font …] [size …] [color …] Now is the time … country [/ color] [/ size][/ font]

You have to close the last attribute first and the first attribute last when you nest them, but without the gaps between the / and the attribute which I had to insert to make it appear as text. (My first attempt resulted in the text changing font, etc with the code becoming invisible.)

Viv

k00651262013-03-28 16:19:04

Viv,

Actually, it doesn’t matter what the order is as long as there is an opening code and a closing code and the text is between all of the opening and closing commands.

In the above example I did it this way:

“[COLOR=…][FONT=…][SIZE=…][…FONT][…SIZE][…COLOR]”, where the “…” In the closing commands represents the “/”. As long as there is an opening command and the closing command, it doesn’t matter what order they’re in.Chucker2013-03-28 20:05:47

Viv & Jim,

I did discover something very interesting. In Windows XP the RichText editor is different and you can select the text and then select the fonts, sizes, colors. It’s actually much simpler because you don’t have to wrap your leg around your neck.

Unfortunately, the rich text editor in Windows 7 and Windows 8 make life difficult because you have to put in the HTML codes. In Windows XP you don’t. All you have to do is select the text and change the fonts, colors, and size to what you want them and it will automatically format the text. Go figure!!!Chucker2013-03-28 20:09:48

Chucker:

you give me too much credit. While reading your instructions, I have the same look on my face as my last year’s Christmas present, Newman, at his second dog training school. I’m attaching a picture of him when I found out he bought a motorcycle behind my back.

I think it would take too long for you to explain to me what to do. So I’m just going to live with this font and be happy I discovered VoiceComputer.

Who knows, maybe while I sleep, the Easter Bunny will insert new knowledge in my brain and I will be able to appreciate your earlier advice.

Enjoy your weekend and remember: six of the seven dwarves are not happy.

Thanks again,

Jim