Change folder Show My Documents command opens

I would like to change the folder that is opened in the special VP List window for the Show My Documents command from C:Users/UsernameDocuments to F:ServerFoldersDocuments. How can I accomplish this?

Also, is it possible to use a similar VP List window to select the folder to save documents from Word 2010 instead of the standard dialog box?

I noticed the Create Voice Shortcut option for opening and saving from folders in the Help, but the “Add or Edit Save to /Open from Folder Commands” option described does not appear under the list of Self-Programming Commands in the 64-bit version of Voice Power. I only see five Self-Programming Command options.
Thanks.

You have a couple of alternatives

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 1. You can edit the tags.xml file (located in the 'DocumentsVoicePowertags directory')

You can disable the existing "My documents" by deleting the tag or by commenting it out with

and then create your own 'My documents' tag with the path you want. As in this example:

<tag categories="directories,favorites" phrases="My Documents,my documents">

2. You can create tags (bookmarks or favorites) for whatever directory you wish and then view the tags on the "Show My Favorites" list or by saying "Display tag [left, right...].

[QUOTE=Wonko] Also, is it possible to use a similar VP List window to select the folder to save documents from Word 2010 instead of the standard dialog box?
I noticed the Create Voice Shortcut option for opening and saving from folders in the Help, but the "Add or Edit Save to /Open from Folder Commands" option described does not appear under the list of Self-Programming Commands in the 64-bit version of Voice Power. I only see five Self-Programming Command options.
[/QUOTE]

No, but we just bypass (most of) the standard dialog box. The new release (that you're using) AUTOMATICALLY creates 'Save to folder' and 'Open from folder' commands for every tagged (bookmark and save) directory that you create.

This explains why 'Save to' / 'Open from' are no longer on the Voice Shortcuts menu. (We made a lot of changes so please let me know where the documentation needs to be clarified.)

Thanks,

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">You have several alternatives:</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><o:p><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode"> </font></o:p></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">1. You can edit the tags.xml file (located in the
'DocumentsVoicePowertags directory')</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><o:p><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode"> </font></o:p></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">You can disable the existing "My documents" by
deleting the tag or by commenting it out with</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><!--</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">--></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">and then create your own 'My documents' tag with the path
you want. As in this example:</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><font size="2"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span><tag<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>categories="directories,favorites"
phrases="My Documents,my documents"></font></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><font size="2"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">    </span><directory
source="F:ServerFoldersDocuments"/></font></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><font size="2"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span></tag></font></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><!--</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><font size="2"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span><tag<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>categories="directories,favorites"
phrases="My Documents,my documents"></font></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><font size="2"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">    </span><directory
source="_MYDOCS"/></font></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><font size="2"><span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span></tag></font></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">--></font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">2. You can create tags (bookmarks or favorites) for whatever
directory you wish and then view the tags on the "Show My Favorites"
list or by saying "Display tag <tag name> [left, right...].</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">>Also, is it possible to use a similar VP List window to
select the folder to save documents from Word 2010 </font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">>instead of the standard dialog box?</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">No, we just bypass the standard dialog box. The new release
(that you're using) AUTOMATICALLY creates 'Save to ' and 'Open from' commands
for every tagged (bookmark and save) directory that you create.</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">This explains why 'Save to' / 'Open from' are no longer on
the Voice Shortcuts menu. (Please let me know where the documentation needs to
be clarified.)</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;" ="Msonormal"><font size="2" face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Thanks,</font></p><font size="2" face="Times New Roman">

</font></div>