Beta of VoiceComputer 2021 in two weeks

We hope to release a beta version of VC 2021 in two weeks.

If you’d like to be a beta tester, please email me!

Note: The current VC Microphone will not work with Dragon 15.6x (because Dragon moved its data files from ProgramData to AppData.)
VC 2021 will have an updated microphone feature and its Data files will also be moved from ProgramData to AppData.

I’m in for Beta 2021.
Daniel

Great!
I’ll send it to you as soon as it’s available.
Thanks!

Dear Ron

Does VC 2021 overcome the problem on UHD monitors where the intags are not always placed correctly following scrolling?

The Intags are refreshed when they pick up a physical page up or down key.
(When you issue, for example, a page down 12 command, we’re sending physical keys to refresh the Intags.)
But, when you issue a move down 20 command, the Intags are not refreshed, thus you need to say, Toggle, Intag Window or equivalent.
We’ve had a few Alpha releases that automatically refresh the Intags but the releases never made it through our testing because the frequent refreshing was annoying.

I’m not aware of a specific issue with UHD monitors. - Please report!

(It’ll probably be two more weeks before we get into beta on this release.)

By way of example, I have a high specification computer with Windows 10 and have tested using Edge (Chromium) with a UHD monitor. The intags display continuously from the menu to the page.

Any manual key intervention, e.g. Home, End, page down arrow, page up arrow, spacebar, PGUP, PGDN, causes a movement but with either no refresh of the intags or an incorrect refresh of the intags. The same occurs with the spoken equivalent of each command, e.g. “press spacebar”.

Third-party movement commands, Speech Productivity (Glide), cause similar disarray.

For now, I have got around this by writing a series of DVC commands to incorporate “intag”,“window”, e.g.

Nudge it five
SendSystemKeys “{Down}”
SendSystemKeys “{Down}”
SendSystemKeys “{Down}”
SendSystemKeys “{Down}”
SendSystemKeys “{Down}”
HeardWord “intag”,“window”

Nudge up five
SendSystemKeys “{Up}”
SendSystemKeys “{Up}”
SendSystemKeys “{Up}”
SendSystemKeys “{Up}”
SendSystemKeys “{Up}”

Commands written for 1 to 10, e.g. Nudge it two, Nudge up three

The awkwardness of the commands is intentional so that Waits may be inserted to adjust the speed of movement up or down.

For scrolling

Downward
HeardWord “start”,“scrolling”,“down”

Upward
HeardWord “start”,“scrolling”,“up”

Stop it
HeardWord “stop”,“scrolling”

Upstairs
SendSystemKeys “{Home}”

Downstairs
SendSystemKeys “{End}”

To gain focus centre screen and intag it
Bullseye it
MouseGrid 1,5
SendSystemKeys “{Esc}”
Wait 100
SendSystemKeys “{Ctrl}”
Wait 100

Refresh Intags in window without movement
Nudge it

New computers, including those with 11th Generation Intel chips, not only process commands quicker, display things faster.
For instance, the Intags now refresh in a blink of an eye.

But, there’s a downside. The Intags refresh so fast, that the program now closes submenus before they can open.

I’m testing a ‘Slow #’ command that’ll slow the Intags down by a second or two.
Or, we may need to slow the Intags down in our code.

We’ll test to see if this solves your issues with Edge.

This is excellent. For now, my workarounds are working really well. I am noticing timing issues across a variety of programs. Best wishes, Stephen

Did the beta go out?

Nope. Still working on it!