Announcing VoiceComputer 2019, version 1.31

I seem to get LITE upgrades although I had understood that I had purchased an upgrade to the full. Is this correct?

I cannot reactivate now using the licence key last provided for the upgrade.

Nimbargent2019-02-24 08:24:37

Yes. There was a glitch in our cloud service.

I sent you the full version.

Thanks for letting me know about this!

Thank you for your almost instantaneous response by email. I have reinstalled, reactivated and all is now correct.

Hello,

How do I download the latest version of voice computer lite? I bought voice computer 2019 light and downloaded it around last Christmas. Ron mentioned that new updates would eventually allow for the intags to be on in only the applications that the user chooses. So for example I would like to have the intags on only in Microsoft outlook and Windows file Explorer. Is this now possible with the latest update? If so please explain how I can turn off the intags for other programs and leave it on for these 2. thank you!
> How do I download the latest version of voice computer lite?
Follow the link that you were sent with your order. That link will always lead to the most recent version of the program. If you deleted it, send me an email and I'll resend.

> Ron mentioned that new updates would eventually allow for the intags to be on in only the applications that the user chooses

I don't think I said this.

I said that "It would be possible to revise the command files so that the numbers wouldn't reopen so much once you close them with the Close Intags command."

And, I've done this with the new release. Generally speaking, the Intags shouldn't reopen once you turn them off unless you reopen them with a command. (Also, you'd have to "Configure VoiceComputer" > Configure Intags for loss of focus > Turn off Intags when computer loses focus.

(And I think that another user posted had posted that you could do this.)

to be either on for all applications or offer all applications. I tried your suggestion to do “Configure VoiceComputer” > Configure Intags for loss of focus > Turn off Intags when computer loses focus. But this did not help. Can you please advise what else I need to do in order to make it so that the following is the case: when I close the intags for one application they stay off even when I turn them on for another application (i believe that’s what you are saying is possible right?)? Just to be sure, the way I’m turning off the intags for a given application is by putting that application and focus and then saying “hide intags”; similarly the way I’m turning on the intags for a given application is by putting the application focus and then saying "start intags"

A 2nd issue: the intags do not work well in all applications. For example in Adobe Acrobat reader the bookmarks or not intags nor are the recent files under “home”. Previously the intags were not working in Visual Studio code either, but I am happy to see they are now working there with the new version. However, there is a problem in Visual Studio code. The intags over the tabs for different files are not in the right spot – currently they are on the right side of the tab which is right over the X button so when you say the number to try to go to that tab you end up closing the tab. Is there a way to fix this – perhaps by changing the intags to show up on the left side of the tab rather than the right?

Thank you very much

when I close the intags for one application they stay off even when I turn them on for

> another application (i believe that’s what you are saying is possible right?)

No. I’m saying that when you turn off Intags, they will usually stay off until you issue an “Intag that” or equivalent command.
Once you open the Intags, they will usually stay on until you issue a “Close Intags” command.

With previous releases, the Intags would frequently turn themselves back on if you turned them off. Now they don’t turn themselves back on very often.

But, the emphasis is to keep the Intags on once you turn them on.

> A 2nd issue: the intags do not work well in all applications.

Hadn’t noticed this. Recent files under Files are tagged… We’ll work on this but we probably won’t work on VS because it’s not widely used.

However, use our Overlays to control inaccessible controls and programs.
Overlays work with everything!

The more recent releases of VoiceComputer include commands such as:
click (1-50) on Overlay
Overlay for 10, 20.
These let you access the Tags on an overlay as you’re working with Intags. See, “Show Overlay Commands”

it is the recent files under home not the recent files under file that are not working in Adobe Acrobat reader

Understood.

When I was using voice computer a couple months ago I was able to create a custom overlay with custom rows and columns of intags. But now I don’t remember how to do that and I can’t find it in the documentation. Can you please point me to the place in the documentation that 57explains how to do this and also how to save the custom overlay so that I can pull it up whenever I’m in Visual Studio code? Thank youarkali2019-03-04 17:51:24

Arkall,

Creating overlays is pretty straightforward simply say "Create Overlay" when you are in the target application. Now put your mouse cursor at the exact spot you want and then say "Create Tag". You don't have to save anything manually, changes will be stored automatically when the overlay is closed (say "Close Overlay").

I'm not sure about Visual Studio Code but in Visual Studio it's advised to use Overlays mostly. Sometimes the regular Intags have a conflict with Visual Studio (although this appears to be project specific).
Visual Studio sometimes has conflicts with Dragon as well.
<edited><editID>Speech1965</editID><editDate>2019-03-04 18:20:53</editDate></edited>

Okay I was able to get the overlays working with the columns and rows of intags. However, the column of intags is not dense enough to have an intags for each button (specifically for each file in the file list on the left side of Visual Studio code). Is there a way to increase the density of intags within the column?

Did you try "configure voicecomputer" and then Additional Configuration Options and then Configure indentation/Spacing for my Intag Columns and Rows? Maybe you want to adjust the size of MyIntags as well.

If that's not detailed enough you can always create the tags manually. That maybe a bit of work but that way you can get any density you want (and you will only have to perform these actions once). I have created several very detailed overlays for applications that way. You can change the MyIntag size on the fly and incorporate that in an AppBringUp voice command for calling up your application and loading the overlay along with it and then reset the MyIntag size in the closing command for that specific application.

For pixel precise moving of the mouse cursor while creating these detailed overlays I use the following (DVC) voice command:

go <1to50>

IF _arg2 = "1 hundred" THEN _arg2 = Str$(100)
IF _arg2 = "2 hundred" THEN _arg2 = Str$(200)
MouseGrid 0
div#=1.41
xPos& = 0
yPos& = 0
nDistance& = Val( _arg2 ) *5
if _arg1 = "Up" then yPos& = yPos& - nDistance&
if _arg1 = "Down" then yPos& = yPos& + nDistance&
if _arg1 = "Left" then xPos& = xPos& - nDistance&
if _arg1 = "Right" then xPos& = xPos& + nDistance&
SetMousePosition 2, xPos&, yPos&

You can easily change the *5 value to your likings (smaller amount means more detail).
Remember that this voice command uses two lists.

_arg1 list items are:

Down
Up
Left
Right

_arg2 uses the 1to50 list you can also use a bigger one, 1-200 for instance.
Typical voice commands would be: "go Up 4", "go Left 35" etc.
<edited><editID>Speech1965</editID><editDate>2019-03-05 09:42:41</editDate></edited>

Yes.

Go to Configure VoiceComputer > Additional Configuration Options >
Configure the Indentation / Spacing for My Intag Columns and Rows

When you try a spacing that doesn’t work. Just delete the overlay (Delete Overlay and click Yes) and start over.
And, when you change the configuration, you’ll notice that it creates a section in the settings.ini file (in the C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer directory)
[My Intags]
Horizontal Indent=10
Horizontal spacing=30
Vertical Indent=10
Vertical spacing=30

You can directly edit these settings to exactly what you need.

Also, you can also edit the CustomOverlays.xml file to add or edit the placements of any clickable points. (Make a copy of the file to edit. Once you make your edits, shut down speech, copy your edited file over the existing CustomOverlays.xml file and restart VoiceComputer.)