Announcing VoiceComputer 13.56.2

A minor upgrade:

Now correctly Intags min, restore, max icons for all versions of MS Office.

Intags now correctly expand, collapses folders in in all versions of Outlook and correctly numbers Outlook favorites.

Improved documentation.

Updates to the VoiceComputer utility that opens/ restarts/ shutdowns speech.

Ron,

Can you confirm that to install VC when the existing version is 13.56 or later then the correct method is just to close VC and then install the new version?

Viv

What Ron and Chuck advise me to do is save the current version in another file. Then go to the Control Panel and programs and uninstall it. Then download the new version and install it.

Hopefully this helps. It is not often that I get to offer any advice. And you just sent me some. I appreciated that.

Jim

Viv,

I just realized it was you. You are always so helpul.

Trionalaw2015-03-20 05:30:14

Thanks Jim,

It will probably be a few days before I have enough time to think about updating VC.

Viv

Ron can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that we have not yet implemented the ability to install over top of a previous version.

Of course, the easiest way of checking is to try it, but you will probably get the “another version is currently installed” message when attempting to do so. If so, then it’s not implemented yet. Regardless, trying it out does no harm simply because attempting to do so won’t allow you to continue anyway.

I didn’t test this when installing 13.56.2, so I’ve no way of determining whether or not
that has been implemented, but since Ron hasn’t informed me that that is the case, I assume that you still have to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one.
Chucker2015-03-23 04:40:59

Chuck,

Thanks, the documentation implies that it is not necessary to uninstall the previous version first, but I have not seen it stated explicitly anywhere.

Viv

Viv,

Try it and see if it works. If it does then you answered your question. If it doesn’t (i.e., prompts you to uninstall) then you know one way or the other.

<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2015-03-28 08:59:16</editDate></edited>