Announcing VoiceComputer 13.5.1.1

VoiceComputer 13.5.1.1 features Intags

We have renamed our voice-accessible numbering technology to Intags and have simplified and made it more powerful than ever
[Intags come from the word Integer (which came from the word meaning "to touch" in Latin) and Tag (to mark). Essentially what we are doing is using integers to allow users to touch without touching :).]

Intags can make everything accessible with only a dozen commands. Just issue “Intag Window” (or the “Show Numbers”) command, then follow the displayed Intags to access the controls and screen locations that you specify. As you issue Intag commands to control an application, the resulting screens are automatically Intagged, providing you with fast application control with only a few commands. New Intag commands include Intag Desktop, Intag Start Menu and Intag Taskbar (or Intag System Tray). The Intagged system tray lets you quickly switch between and resize applications by just saying the Intag or by saying “Intag x Left (Right or Center).

‘Out of the box’, Intags lets you enjoy voice control of the Windows desktop, standard applications like Microsoft Office, and Windows Explorer, etc. The web, including Gmail and many web apps, will be easily accessible with our Intag extension for Google Chrome, which will be available at no charge on the Google store within two weeks.

One of the most amazing Intag features is ‘My Intags’. This feature lets you easily customize (no scripting!) any screen location, whether or not it contains an accessible control. VoiceComputer clients are using My Intags to control their databases, web apps, Citrix and other previously inaccessible applications with simple speech commands.

My Intags will let you access and control the windows and screens of any and all of the 4 Million Windows applications. It is the first global speech interface! Thus, our Intags technology delivers faster, easier and far more access and control over more applications, web pages, web apps and your Windows desktop than Dragon Professional with 10k, 20K or 100K custom macros.

For the ultimate in accessibility and productivity, VoiceTeach LLC will customize Intags to give you fast and easy control over even the most complex applications that were once thought impossible to access and control by speech. For example, we have customized Intags to let our users quickly control standard Word templates and PDF forms; major applications with hundreds /thousands of screens, like CMS/CWS and Compass, complex online databases like CALWIN used by government agencies and proprietary software used by corporations like JMP. Contact us for an estimate for Intagging your applications!

VoiceComputer 13.5 also features:

Compatibility with Dragon 13 (and continued compatibility with Dragon 10-12)
Our (mouse) screen grid is now configurable to let you achieve precise results with our mouse commands on up to 3 monitors.
An improved VoiceComputer Control Center (which works seamlessly with DNS 13’s new DragonBar as well as the ‘Classic’ DragonBar).
And finally, our Intag Chrome extension. We plan to release our Intag Chrome extension within the next week or two. It will be available through the Google store. It will bring you fast and easy control of websites, Intranet sites and web apps. It will work seamlessly with VoiceComputer and we can customize it to work with any Intranet site or web app.

If you bought VoiceComputer or an upgrade within the last year, you can freely download our newest release 13.52 from our server with the link that was provided with your purchase. Once you do this, please send us an email to request a new serial number.

If you bought VoiceComputer more than a year ago, please purchase an upgrade from our store at http://voiceteach.myshopify.com/

Thanks!
<edited><editID>RonK</editID><editDate>2015-01-25 15:17:23</editDate></edited>

This looks as if it works well in Opera, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, but not in Google Chrome.

One problem I found in Google Chrome was that when I wanted to click on the second tab, which was numbered 2, it did this but closed tab 1 at the same time, and none of the links in the pages which I visited were numbered. I also noted that the first tab, which presumably is numbered 1, also had a higher number overlaying the 1 icon.

The great advance in all of the browsers is that if you have multiple tabs open then it should be very easy to switch between them.

If the problem of links in Google Chrome not been numbered can be solved then I will try the new system again, but as I use this browser more than any other I have decided to revert to the previous version of VoiceComputer for the time being.

Viv

Viv,

>And finally, our Intag Chrome extension. We plan to release our Intag Chrome extension within the next week or two.

You’re using an old Chrome extension (beta) with the new version of VoiceComputer. The old Chrome extension is not compatible with the new VoiceComputer. I’m surprised that anything with Chrome works.
The Chrome extension will be released soon. Hopefully, this week.

Ron,

Thanks, that explains it. I will try again when the extension is available.

Viv

Viv,

I looked at your screenshots. Your problem is clearly due to an incompatibility between the new voice computer on the old beta of the chrome extension.

No such problems with the new Chrome extension. Will release the new chrome extension as soon as were finished making the improvements were working on.

Even though I have installed several upgrades, I forget whether we have to uninstall the previous version. And I am never embarrassed about asking a stupid question. Particularly one I should know the answer to. But I have my mind on the Buckeyes.

New version looks really neat.

Happy 2015.

Much appreciated,

Jim

Yes, uninstall the previous version.

Will try to change this for future releases.

Thanks,

Jim

Ron,

The ‘Read me 1st!.pdf’ refers to a ‘VoiceComputer Installation Guide’, however this isn’t included in the zipped 64-bit files (downloaded on the 14th).
Roger
Trying to simplify. Had too many files.

Will take out the reference and will probably delete the file.

Ron,

Some more feedback after a quick test following installation.
Installation
No problems encountered during installation (Windows 7 64-bit, Dragon 13 already installed).
The activation dialog would benefit from instructions for the user regarding which button they need to select (most would probably guess at 'create licence' but it's not obvious).
VoiceComputer Help
Show Main Menu page – "show computer control" doesn't work.
Show Intag Guide page – "show computer control doesn't work.
Using Intags
When the command "Intag Desktop" is used it minimises any open windows. Is this intentional?
For me this is an inconvenience as I then have to restore any windows which I was working in.
Dragon's built-in "show desktop" command is available for minimising all open windows.
Otherwise intags is working well after experimenting with it briefly.

Roger

It is in my 64 bit download, together with 8 other files and a folder. There are 5 pdf files, one rtf file, and 2 chm files.

Viv

Thanks for your post!
[QUOTE=HumanRog]
Installation
No problems encountered during installation (Windows 7 64-bit, Dragon 13 already installed).
The activation dialog would benefit from instructions for the user regarding which button they need to select (most would probably guess at 'create license' but it's not obvious).
[/QUOTE]

Will have another release within a day with explanation of the buttons.

[QUOTE=HumanRog]
VoiceComputer Help
Show Main Menu page – "show computer control" doesn't work.
Show Intag Guide page – "show computer control doesn't work.
[/QUOTE]

Can't duplicate this. Works for us.

Hold down the control key as you issue the command. If this works, train the command.

[QUOTE=HumanRog]
Using Intags
When the command "Intag Desktop" is used it minimizes any open windows. Is this intentional?
For me this is an inconvenience as I then have to restore any windows which I was working in.
Dragon's built-in "show desktop" command is available for minimizing all open windows.
Otherwise Intags is working well after experimenting with it briefly.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is intentional to minimize open windows with the "Intag Desktop" Command.

What you want is the "Intag Taskbar" command. It lets you switch between programs and even position them.
Notice that the Taskbar is numbered when you close programs or minimize the only open window.
Makes it real easy to switch between and position programs.

(For additional capabilities, use our "Show Open Windows" Command.)

Ron,

Do you know when the new Chrome extension and the VoiceComputer Microphone will be ready?

Viv