Announcing the 12.25.4 VoiceComputer upgrade

</font><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;">As we continue to make VoiceComputer easier to use and more accessible, we continue to release new versions.</p><div></div><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;">We've made many improvements in the last few months so if you haven’t upgraded in a while, the current release is definitely worth having. But, if you’ve upgraded recently, you may want to wait another 1-3 weeks for yet another major accessible technology that we're developing.</p></o:p></font></span><p></p><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">New Features<div> </div><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;">Drill down menus</p></font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"></p></span></b><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">This release has new drill
down menu system that is easier to use to help you quickly find the help,
training and commands you’re looking for.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">You can access the old menus by saying, “Show Icon Menu.”
Please use this forum </font></span><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">to let us know which menu
structure works best for you!<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><o:p><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"> </font></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Display Numbers command<o:p></o:p></font></span></b></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Our new 'Display Numbers'
command tags brings you access to almost* every clickable object on a page. *
Display Numbers identifies more clickable objects than any other 'Show Numbers'
application.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><o:p><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"> </font></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Windows 8 commands<o:p></o:p></font></span></b></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Dozens of commands for
Windows 8 so you can control Microsoft’s new operating system.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Improved configuration<o:p></o:p></font></span></b></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">You can now enable | disable
any and all of VoiceComputer’s command sets. This can speed performance and can
eliminate ‘false positives’<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>so that
VoiceComputer won’t recognize a command that you didn’t want to use in the
first place. This also makes it easy to use other command sets without having
duplicate commands.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">This release also includes dozens
of improvements to commands and documentation and numerous bug fixes.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;">More to come! </span></b><span style="font-size: 12pt;">–
We’re working on an awesome project that may lead to another release within
two weeks. Look forward to greater accessibility and productivity.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>Just don’t waste your money on a new mouse!<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">This is a free upgrade for
you if you have purchased VoiceComputer  VoicePower within the last year.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"><b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;">Technology guarantee</span></b><span style="font-size: 12pt;">: Everyone who buys a new version or an upgrade will receive free
downloads of all our updates for the life cycle of Dragon NaturallySpeaking
12.</span></font></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">A few months ago we
introduced a new serial number system. If you bought before mid-September, you’ll
need a new number. If you register the new version, you will get unlimited
activations on up to 3 computers. If you don’t register, you’ll only be able to
use VC on one computer.<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Please give your friends and
co-workers a copy of VoiceComputer so they can try it out! <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>(We’ll be glad to send them a 10 day trial serial
number.)<o:p></o:p></font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode">Thanks!</font></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><p style="margin: 2pt 0in;"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><o:p><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode"></font></o:p></span></p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>

<edited><editID>RonK</editID><editDate>2012-12-24 11:39:06</editDate></edited>

Ron,</p><p>I am not sure what you mean by the "display numbers" command. Can you give us an idea of where it would be applied?</p>

Gary,

“Display Numbers” is equivalent to “ShowNumbers” in Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) and/or “ShowNumbers Plus!”. When you are in any particular window that has clickable items and you say “Display Numbers” or “Show Numbers” all clickable items (mouse) are numbered. You can select any number and say “click #” where #is the number that you want to select, you can drag-and-drop items using the numbers display, or you can use a unique command in VoiceComputer that allows you to “Follow” a particular number. The latter command selects that number, executes the item selected, and then reopens the number displayed in the new window. You can use Follow to drill down, for example, a number of items when searching and/or browsing the Internet. Another example would be to select Ribbon bar items in Microsoft Office applications. In the latest version of VoiceComputer you can find the Display Numbers commands in the VoiceComputer help by simply saying “Show Display Number commands”, or you can go to the exercises for Display Numbers.

The long and the short of it is that it’s just another method for accessing clickable links in any application window.

I cannot stand delayed gratification, Ron:

As a result, I shaved my goatee and eyebrows in protest.

And now my wife and children tell me I’m not nearly “the chick magnet” I was before the encounter with the razor.

Sorry to put additional pressure on you. However, I thought you needed to know this.

Happy holidays and thanks for all your good work,

Jim

Ron:

I guess with quick reply you can’t insert pictures. So here I am.

Regards,

Jim

Chuck,</p><p>I am having a heckuva time understanding this one. I have never used Windows speech recognition so that frame of reference does not help me. Is it designed to work while looking at a webpage? Even when I use your example of looking at a desktop, when I say, "display numbers", nothing much happens other than one icon at a time highlights. As another example, if I look at a Gmail inbox page, should something happen when I say, "display numbers"?</p>

>Is it designed to work while looking at a webpage?
No. It’s designed to help you access menus and other clickable objects in programs that you previously wouldn’t be able to access by voice.
One way to see how it works is to try it in Windows Explorer.
It numbers all the folders and files in Windows Explorer, letting you directly access them.
To open a directory in the left pane, say, “Double follow <1-500>.” It’ll open the directory and reopen Display Numbers so that you can continue drilling down. (Or you can just open the directory by saying "Double Click <1-500>"
To open a file or directory in the right pane say, “Follow <1-500>” or just "Click <1-500>"
You can use the drag command to drag files to directories, etc. (The drag command is slow but we’ll be speeding it up soon.)

</span><edited><editID>RonK</editID><editDate>2012-12-26 21:07:07</editDate></edited>

Ron

Is this still the latest version or have you released the version referred to in the posting

John,

What version do you currently have (say show VoiceComputer version)? We’re still working over some issues, but the latest and greatest is 12.2.5.7.

If that is not your current version of VoiceComputer, hang on for a little bit while we finish testing and certified that the latest version is OK. We do a number of things in the current version, such as automatically capturing your activation code and placing it in the Activation window along with instructions. This eliminates the necessity for looking for your VoiceComputer license and copying it into the current VoiceComputer folder (Documents and Settings | My Documents | VoiceComputer). We do this because each new version should not be installed until the previous version is uninstalled. The only caveat here is that we are finding that in Windows 8, and only Windows 8, VoiceComputer seems to be unable to find your original VoiceComputer license activation code. Otherwise, if you’re using Windows 7 or below, you should have no problem with this.

Nevertheless, give us a day or so to verify and make any necessary changes.

Chucker:

How did I miss this latest and greatest version? The Post announces 12.2.4 somehow I am running 12.2.5 and now I learn of 12.2.5.7. My spending too much time trying to figure out why anyone has interest in Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton?

Do I download from my download from September 2012 email?

Thanks so much,

Jim

Jim,

Try that link. However, I think it has expired. If so, let me know via private message and I’ll send you the current link. I assume that you’re looking for the 64-bit version? Just let me know which one.

For everyone else, if you’re looking to update to the current version, you need to send me an email to Chuck@VoiceTeach.com.

Chucker:

There was an older link from September, 2012. But I believe I paid my upgrade because the new link says December 15, 2012. The 64-bit link is 12-25 7. I assume that’s the latest version?

The 32 bit link is listed as 12-25-6. Why would it be apparently an older version than the 64-bit?

I am downloading the 64-bit and will report back once it is installed.

As always, much appreciated.

Jim

Thanks Chuck

By the way, I don’t seem to always receive an e-mail notification for replies or new versions even though my profile is set to receive and the message box is ticked
John

John,

<p>First, the difference in the version numbers for the 32-bit version vs. the 64-bit version is simply because we had to make a correction for a problem with the 64-bit version. However, 32-bit version 12.2.5.6 is current and 64-bit version is 12.2.5.7. What wasn't working in the 64-bit version was working in the 32-bit version, so there was no need to change version numbers.  </p>

<p>Second, we don't send out new version emails until we are ready to release a final version update. I can update current users on my own, but everybody will get either an email or a post on the VoiceComputer forum when we're sure that everything is 100%. So far, testing verifies that both versions are working properly. However, we are considering making a number of GUI changes before going to an announced release.   </p>
<p>You're welcome to download and try out the versions at the current links and let us know what you think. One of the things that we've done is replace the main menu with a drill down list approach. It was our feeling based on certain feedback from trial users that the original main menu was a little bit to difficult to understand. So, we're taking a different tact.</p>
<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2013-01-29 09:30:03</editDate></edited>

Chucker:

I downloaded the 64-bit and when I ran set up I got an error 0 x 80004005. Couldn’t figure out what it was. I will send you a private message.

Thanks,

Jim

Do I download from my download from September 2012 email?

Yes, but wait a few days. We’ll have yet another release. It will have several improvements and may include a beta of a major new feature.

Ron,

Should I have downloaded a new upgrade in the last couple of weeks? What is the latest version that we should have on our computer?

Gary,

Hang tight for a few days. We’re still testing the latest version. Will let everyone know when it’s ready.

i am hanging tight.

By the way, the drop down organization on the main menu works very well for me. In fact, I have discovered a bunch of gems that i never saw before on VC