Announcing a new release of VoiceComputer

VoiceComputer 12.25 is now available

New features
Faster
‘Display Numbers.’ This is similar to other ‘Show Number’ products on the market. But ‘Display Numbers’ features greater accessibility to all the objects in your applications.
Improved demonstrations
Improved Disable | Enable commands sets. Can now fully disable any and all command sets. Only use the features your want.
All commands can now be edited. A command not working? We can help you quickly fix it.
We are working on yet another release. If we determine that we can finish the next release within two weeks, we will NOT send a mailing about this release.

ronAdmin2012-11-30 09:24:28

I am not happy with 12.25 and have to revert to a previous version. I created several mouse move commands like ‘mouse on(at) will’, but Dragon or VC interprets this as ‘mouse at one two’ or ‘mouse four two’ or ‘mouse up two’. ‘Mouse on timer’ becomes ‘mouse eight two’, ‘mouse on page’ is ‘mouse up eight’, ‘mouse on next’ can be interpreted as ‘mouse down eight’. Creating a new command does not help as that is also misinterpreted.

Also I notice that the Excel problem I have reported is still present.

Viv

Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. DNS 12 Premium
k00651262012-11-30 04:50:41

have to revert to a previous version

No you don’t! The problems you’re having should be able to be fixed very quickly.
>I created several mouse move commands
Did you create the commands in this version? If not, did you import the macros from the last version?
> the Excel problem I have reported is still present
We thought that we fixed it. “Last sheet” is not working? What’s is it doing?
In this release ALL of our command files are external so any bugs can be quickly fixed.
Note to all users: In this release, all commands can be disabled (and re:enabled). If commands aren’t working, first check to see if the commands you’re using are disabled. Say ‘Configure VoiceComputer’, then pick ‘Enable | Disable’ option.

Thanks for responding Ron,

[QUOTE=ronAdmin] >have to revert to a previous version

No you don't! The problems you're having should be able to be fixed very quickly. [/QUOTE]

I have now discovered option 16 which solves that problem. Thanks.

[QUOTE=ronAdmin] >I created several mouse move commands

Did you create the commands in this version? If not, did you import the macros from the last version? [/QUOTE]

I created one command in version 12.25, the others were imported from 12.23. No longer a problem.

[QUOTE=ronAdmin] > the Excel problem I have reported is still present

We thought that we fixed it. "Last sheet" is not working? What's is it doing? [/QUOTE]

Exactly the same as I have reported a few times. When I say 'last worksheet' the worksheet to the left of the currently selected one is selected without deselecting the currently selected one, and if I keep on saying this command then, eventually, all worksheets to the left of the current one will be selected. This is not what you suggested would happen, unless I have misunderstood you. (Saying 'last sheet' simply inserts that text into the currently selected cell.)

[QUOTE=ronAdmin] In this release ALL of our command files are external so any bugs can be quickly fixed.

Note to all users: In this release, all commands can be disabled (and re:enabled). If commands aren't working, first check to see if the commands you're using are disabled. Say 'Configure VoiceComputer', then pick 'Enable | Disable' option.
[/QUOTE]

Viv

Viv,

Open the office2010.xml file in your
‘My DocumentsVoiceComputerCommandsCustom’ directory
and look for

<![CDATA[next ]]>

<![CDATA[last ]]>

Just remove the ‘+’ sign in the ="^+{pgdn}" and ="^+{pgup}" strings, so you end up with:

<![CDATA[next ]]>

<![CDATA[last ]]>

And/or
I’ll send you the office2010.xml file in a little while so you can just copy over the existing office2010.xml file in your
‘My DocumentsVoiceComputerCommandsCustom’ directory
Ron

Ron,

I am confused. Are you saying that we should download the 12.25, or, wait until the next version comes out?

I believe that 12.25 is a substantial upgrade which is worth getting.

However, as we were releasing this, my co-programmer came up with what I believe to be a brilliant new accessibility invention. We hope to start thoroughly testing this by Monday. If this testing goes well, we could release the new feature in a week.
If we find that the new feature will require a lot more testing, then I’ll send out an announcement about version 12.25 and we won’t release the new feature until the new year.

Ron,

Now you got me salivating for the new version. Will we be getting an automatic email when it comes out? How’s your testing going?

garysolo2012-12-15 16:09:34