activation question

Ron and Chucker:

Hopefully this won’t matter since I understand a revised version of VoiceComputer 12 will be out very shortly. The one I am running just required me to activate it again after I restarted my computer. When I restarted it, every program was close. I now have three activations left.

I don’t think it’s going to be a major problem but wanted to bring your attention to it. Would hate to run out of activations!

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim

Jim,

Our next release will introduce a new activation system. You’ll have limitless activations on up to three computers.

Thanks, Ron:

Jim

Jim,

Regardless of how many activations you have left, you needn't worry about it even without the new version coming with the revised activation scheme. The reason for this is simply that only every few versions of VoicePower/VoiceComputer ever required reactivation. Even if we continue to use the same activation scheme, the likelihood of your running out of activations is extremely low.

Nonetheless, the new activation scheme will eliminate any of these issues anyway as Ron has already pointed out.

Thanks so much, Chucker:

Just got my Dragon professional version 12. I posted a question on the KnowBrainer forum about saving version 11.5. My disc for it got scratched. I would like to have the opportunity to revert back to 11.5. Version 12 hates me.

All I did was go to the C Dr. where the Nuance folder was in the program files. I clicked and dragged it to my D Dr. and my E Dr. It copied rather quickly noting there were I think 1153 items. Have I successfully saved it to these other drives?

Much appreciated,

Jim

Jim,

That won’t work. The main reason why it won’t work is because there are any number of registry entries associated with the installation of DNS 11.5. The only way that you can reinstall it is with the original files (DVD).

What I would suggest is that you try to copy the files from the DVD to a folder created on one of your secondary drives. See if that works. If it does, then your DVD is OK and you have a copy of the install files just in case it doesn’t work. Also, make sure that you on your external drive. Otherwise the files will be all over the place and you will have hell of a time trying to find them and use them for installing. Always copy the full set of files and folders to a subfolder on any external drive, never to the desktop and never to the root directory of an external drive.

However, just copying the program files won’t save you because you need the full InstallShield install, which you can only get from either the DVDs or from the setup.exe if you’re able to copy the DVD to an external drive. In terms of what you’re trying to do, don’t bother because it’s a waste of time. Your only spinning your wheels.
Chucker2012-09-24 07:42:57

As usual, Chucker:
I’m simply going to follow your recommendation and delete the 11.5 version I have on two different folders on two different hard drives. I was able to use the DVD to copy them to a separate file. Therefore, I think the disk must be okay. If not, I can get another one from Lunis at KnowBrainer.
So at this stage, I’m all in for version 12!
Thanks so much,
Jim< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">As usual, Chucker,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I was able to copy from the version 11.5 DVD to a new folder. Based on your reply, I’m just going to just delete the version 11.5 programs from my files and pray that version 12 does the job.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Thanks so much,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< name=“tabId” value=“16”>