14.5 version

Hello Chuck and Ron,

I purchased VoiceComputer last week. I’ve tried the program before (demo version) of the previous release and there were some issues with it on my computer. This version however works way better!
I mainly use the intags/my intags features, so I disabled most other commands to keep Dragon at speed.
The my intags feature works great, and is a very innovative concept indeed.
The regular intag (shownumbers) function is also way more stable than the Show Numbers+ (from Ergo Architect) I used before. The continuous reloading of the numbers in VC (which keep coming even without voice commands) also load much faster. My compliments on all of that!

I have some tips/wishes for future updates:
both intags and my intags sizes could use some more options, very small, small, medium, bigger, biggest for instance.
A couple of programs on my computer use very small windows, therefore I could use smaller intags.
I’m also missing some more extensive number commands, like copy 21. cut 75, rename 90.

The numbers right-click command, by the way doesn’t work on my computer. The ‘mouse over’ command does.
Therefore I created a numbers copy command in the following way:

<1to200> copy

HeardWord “mouse”, “over”, _arg1
Wait 2500
SendKeys "{Ctrl+c}"

Maybe you can implement commands like these in future releases?

Rob

I’m also missing some more extensive number commands, like copy 21. cut 75, rename 90.

You could create your own commands and make almost any type of Intag command you wish.

VoiceComputer commands are stored in xml files in this directory.

C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom

As you’ll see, we have two types of commands.

Legacy commands which are similar to Dragon advanced scripting.

And vp-script commands which have unique capabilities.

The displaynumbers.xml file includes our Intag commands.

You can edit our commands and create your own. - You’ll notice that we have a lot of commands that are commented out. (There are a lot of cool commands that you can create for Intags, but too many commands see to slow down Dragon.)

CAUTION: backup all files before you edit them and be careful to avoid Syntax errors. - We have no syntax checking and Syntax errors crash VoiceComputer. - Not created for the faint hearted. - I’ve used a several online XML syntax checkers.
If VoiceComputer crashes, go to backup and then double check your file for syntax errors and/or email me the file.

NOTE:
Whenever you edit our xml files, back them up after you test them and copy the files to

the C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerhelpVC_FilesCustom_files directory.

The C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerhelpVC_FilesCustom_files directory
is the archive directory of all of our commands. Whenever you configure VoiceComputer, the files in the archive directory overwrite the files in the C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom
directory.

RonK2016-01-30 11:13:26

Hello Chuck,

thanks for the hints, especially the ones about the ini file, I will try that.
About the numbers copy command, the built in one of voice computer: it conflicts with one of my global direction list commands, which I actually cannot afford to throw out.

<1to1000> <global_direction>

if _arg2 = “Left” then SendKeys "{Left " + _arg1 + "}"
if _arg2 = “Right” then SendKeys "{Right “+ _arg1 +”}"
if _arg2 = “Up” then SendKeys "{Up “+ _arg1 +”}"
if _arg2 = “Down” then SendKeys "{Down “+ _arg1 +”}"
if _arg2 = “Backspace” then SendKeys "{Backspace " + _arg1 + "}"
if _arg2 = “Enter” then SendKeys "{Enter " + _arg1 + "}"
if _arg2 = “Tab” then SendKeys "{Tab " + _arg1 + "}"
if _arg2 = “Space” then SendKeys "{Space " + _arg1 + "}"

I tried reversing the arguments, but that doesn’t help.
Any ideas?

Rob,

>it conflicts with one of my global direction list commands

<1-200> copy shouldn’t conflict with your <1-1000> right.

But your command may be conflicting with VC’s right <1-20h>
(the number list consists of 1-20, 30, 40, 50)

so I disabled most other commands to keep Dragon at speed.