10 second delay

I have disabled all VC commands, but my documents, desktop commands, and in tags. I’m using DNS 13 legal professional on windows 7 ultimate machine with fast Intel i7 3.4 GHz and 16 GB ram with SSD C-drive. It takes between 7-10 seconds for in tags to appear on screen. Seems to me like the only VC command that executes quickly is windows resizing commands “position window left” but that’s about it. When the in tags do appear they are either too numerous to be able to read (see my previous post) or, in the case of Firefox, they are not even located on the hyperlink or close enough to the text field that I can actually use them. Not a happy camper.

Are you using another command set in addition to VoiceComputer?

If not, there must be a problem with the installation of Dragon, VoiceComputer, or with your Dragon user profile,
<p ="Msonormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:  12.6pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">I would suggest that you uninstall / reinstall
VoiceComputer (better yet, follow the link that you were sent with your order
to download and install the newest release of VoiceComputer from our
database); perform a repair install of Dragon and then try a new user
profile.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:  12.6pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">(We just released a new version of VoiceComputer but are waiting
for more feedback before we announce it.)<o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:  12.6pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">If you continue to use an older release of VoiceComputer, check the
AUTO REOPEN DELAY setting in the settings.ini file (located
in C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer) It should be set to 50 or 100.
 E.g., AUTO REOPEN DELAY=100</span></p>

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin-bottom:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height:  12.6pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">Alternatively, you can email me the Dragon log file so we can try
to identify the cause of the long delays. But, it's usually easier to correct
the problem with the above steps rather than to troubleshoot. <o:p></o:p></span></p>

Chuck, our tech guy, was able to duplicate some of your problems with Windows 7 Ultimate but not with other versions of Windows. Not Windows 10, not Windows 7 Pro, etc.

Specifically he found some duplication problems in IE and 5-10 second delays in Firefox v49. (Which is still in beta).

We’ll look into this but I’d suggest that you use our Chrome extension. With our extension, Intags work extremely well.

Chuck will post his findings soon.

Joshua,

So far, the only problem we've seen with intags has to do with Windows 7 Ultimate.

My version of Firefox is not 49 it's 48, which is the current version.

Google Chrome with the VoiceComputer Chrome extension does not exhibit any of these problems regardless of version with. Refresh with The Chrome extension is fast and there is no duplication of numbers.

So far with my testing the problem seems to be with Windows 7 Ultimate. Something is going on there we will continue to look at it.

Multiple numbering in FirefoxI 48 and IE 11 under Windows 7 Ultimate is something that we have been trying to fix for a while. It may be a purely Windows problem in that it doesn't seem to occur under Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Home Premium.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to diagnose the problem.

Lastly, it doesn't matter whether you're using DNS 13 Professional/legal or DPI 14/DLI 14, the problem is Windows 7 Ultimate. DNS 13 Professional on Windows 10 does not exhibit this particular problem.

A big thanks to Ron and all the people at Voice Computer for your EXCELLENT customer service! Tagging is almost instantaneous. I have a VERY HAPPY CAMPER!

Thanks!

If you and some others would make a backup copy of the VoiceComputer installation directory. It would you to compare the speed of the various releases, helping us optimize the releases.

Copy the

C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputer directory

to a backup at

C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputer v1-82

Then when you get the next release. Uninstall / reinstall as usual. The backed up copy would remain, letting you compare the speed of the two releases. Please let us know what you find so we can keep working on optimization.