Print Page | Close Window

chrome menu intags incomplete

Printed From: VoiceComputer.com
Category: Speech Recognition
Forum Name: VoiceComputer
Forum Description: Using The Voice Computer add-on for Dragon NaturallySpeaking and WSR
URL: http://forum.voicecomputer.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=774
Printed Date: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: chrome menu intags incomplete
Posted By: doicet
Subject: chrome menu intags incomplete
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 1:59am
VoiceComputer's Chrome menu intagging has changed. 

It now only intags the close browser tab points ("x"). I can no longer select browser tabs only close them.

Did I miss an update?

FYI ignore my signature that says I am running VC 2018. I use VC 2019 1.1.4. 

-------------
Daniel
VoiceComputer 2020 v. 1.2.2.1
Win 10 64-bit (i7) 3.50 GHz
RAM 16GB
Speechware FlexyMike

Replies:
Posted By: Tom68
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 6:08am
I am new to the VoiceComputer forum--this is my very first post! I have been checking in every day to see the new posts and noticed Doicet's this morning. I have noticed the very same thing with Chrome. I use quite a few different browsers, for many different purposes, but Chrome is my default browser. InTagging works great with WaterFox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and others. But with Chrome, it is just as Doicet stated. I am not sure how to check for the VoiceComputer version number.  To Ron and all, thank you!
Tom 68 (Jeter 2)

Posted By: RonK
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:52am
I haven't seen this but I have seen that our Chrome Intags no longer work correctly on 4K monitors (3840 x 2160). With 4K monitors, the Intags number both the website and the top level menu. That sounds great, but the problem is that this slows down how fast the Intags refresh.
We'll be working on this problem in the next week or two.

But, I need to figure out what's going on with our Chrome extension on your computers so we can fix the problem.

What version of Chrome are you using? The most recent is
Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) (Chrome Menu > Help)
And what's your Zoom setting in Chrome?

The current version of the Intag extension (Chrome menu > More Tools > Extension) is 6.27. I'm sure that you have this because we haven't updated it in a year.

What's your screen resolution?

To see what version of VoiceComputer that you have, open the VC Control Center by saying, Open VoiceComputer. The current version is 1.31. - We'll be releasing a 1.35 Patch in a few days that'll make it easy for VC2019 users to update to the newest version.

And, finally, VoiceComputer has alternative commands for the top level menu. 
To view them say, Show Chrome commands and then page to the list of VoiceComputer commands for Chrome.

-------------
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 7:27pm
1.2.5 is the version of VoiceComputer I have right now. Chrome is acting fairly erratically… It took multiple efforts to find this info: Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) .  Zoom is 200%. 1920 x 1080 on 2 similar monitors. One is an HP and the other one is an Asus.  Sorry I did not get back to you before now… Thank you for your kindness and help!
Tom

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 2:43am

What version of Chrome are you using? The most recent is
Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

>>I just updated to this version.

The current version of the Intag extension (Chrome menu > More Tools > Extension) is 6.27.

>> This is the version I have.

What's your screen resolution?

>>1920 x 1080

To see what version of VoiceComputer that you have, open the VC Control Center by saying, Open VoiceComputer. The current version is 1.31.

>>I just upgraded to this version.

... ... ...

All of these updates produced one small change.

Dictating "Intag menu" will now display to intags on the first browser tab. All of the other tabs have intags only on the close buttons.

Does this help?

-------------
Daniel
RAM 16GB
Speechware FlexyMike

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:25am
Good morning! Ron, I believe that I need the intag Chrome extension and perhaps the latest and greatest VoiceComputer as 1.2.5 is what I am running right now.
Tom 

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 6:49am
All of the other tabs have intags only on the close buttons.

Yes, I've seen that in the last week. Sometimes it does this and other times it numbers everything.

I hope to have a fix in the next few weeks.

-------------
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 6:54am

Here's a link to our Chrome extension:   https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/intag-chrome/bdnfddhnghbkmplgkbihnfhndbngjdnf" rel="nofollow - Intag  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/intag-chrome/bdnfddhnghbkmplgkbihnfhndbngjdnf" rel="nofollow - - - - - - Chrome       

No need to update to the 1.3.1 release. It requires that you uninstall and reinstall.

Wait for my next release. It'll just be a quick, easy-to-install patch for VC 2019 users.

-------------
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 5:00pm
Howdy and thank you very much! It appears to be more stable and some of the functionality is better.
TY to Ron and all!
Tom 68 (Jeter 2)

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 7:57am
I usually have several instances of Chrome open. Yesterday the clickable links in Chrome were working properly. That is true today as well. I was and am very happy about that. But now the tabs are no longer "in tagged." Ideas?
Thank ya'll for all you do!
In honor of the new baseball season,
Jeter2

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:49am
Yes, Chrome has released numerous upgrades. And they don't care about backward compatibility.

They did this 5 years ago. They released an update that broke things, a month later they changed things again and then a month later changed again.

Nuance and Google are monopolies and do whatever they wish. Our government used to enforce anti-trust rules and regulations. (Europe still does and they just fined Google $1.7 B.)

We'll try to figure out what they're doing and release an update. But, we're not rushing because we need to wait until things settle down.

In the meanwhile, you can create an overlay for the tabs. See, "Show Overlay Lesson", "Show Overlay Commands" and ask for help on this forum.

-------------
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer

Posted By: Chucker
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 6:20pm
Couple of points FYI.

As of 04/05/2019 09:04PM note the current version of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Also, just FYI per our the following and current web extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox:

Dragon Professional Web Extension for Firefox
version 1.40.0.5
Last Updated: November 23, 2018
Dragon Web Extension For Chrome
Version 15.2.0.17

If you are not using the current versions and/or settings in Google Chrome and/or Firefox, don't blame VoiceComputer or Dragon.

That being said Google has been making consistent upgrades and updates of Google Chrome that are closer to being Dragon friendly. This is the reason why "InTag menu" is able to number both the upper and lower (webpage) portions of Google Chrome webpages. This is not a bug in VoiceComputer or Google Chrome. In fact, it's actually a feature improvement in Google Chrome that makes it more Full Text Control (Select-and-Say) enabled.

You can now use "InTag menu" to number all of the objects in both the upper portion of the Google Chrome screen and the web links portion if you wish, although we may change it. Also, it is by design that tab numbering is for closing tabs, which is why there is only one number associated with each tab. In addition, the "+" is numbered, which allows you to "open a new tab" and/or choose from the available tabs in this function.

To move between tabs or perform other functions on existing tabs, use the built-in commands for Google Chrome in the Dragon Command Browser.

If you use "InTag menu", be prepared for it to be slower than using the VoiceComputer Chrome Extension for web links. We may change the way that VoiceComputer handles InTags so as to go back to the functionality of the "InTag menu" command that everyone has become use to. If we do, we will let you know. On the other hand, we recommend using the VoiceComputer Chrome Extension for web links etc. because it refreshes almost instantly and is significantly faster.

Note that it's your choice until or unless we change it, but using "InTag menu" will be slower in terms of both refresh and functionality of the InTag numbers.

Chuck

-------------
Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC

Posted By: Nimbargent
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:16pm
Just got this by email: Windows Insider.

You might have heard that some changes are coming for Microsoft Edge, and today we’re excited to announce that the first preview builds of the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium are now ready for download on Windows 10 PCs.

There seems to be hope here for VC. 

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 1:17pm
Stephen,

Not sure what you're referring to. VoiceComputer (InTags) is always been compatible with Microsoft Edge. What were looking for is Dragon compatibility.

-------------
Chuck Runquist

VoiceTeach, LLC

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:40am
Sorry Chucker

OK. I didn't explain myself well. I have the Dragon extension installed in the new [Chromium] Edge and that seems to work. Whether there is an advantage in doing this is another matter. Do I need to install the Intag extension in Edge? If so, how do I do it?

The new Edge appears to behave like Chrome rather than Edge. So is the Intag extension needed?

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 7:18am
By reference to an old link, I have managed to install the Intag extension into Edge and I have the green IN light. The numbering between the menu and the page seems to be continuous, so I'm not quite sure whether the INTAG extension is working.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 7:54am
We'll be looking at all these changes and will update our Chrome extension. 

-------------
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Chucker Chucker wrote:

To move between tabs or perform other functions on existing tabs, use the built-in commands for Google Chrome in the Dragon Command Browser.

This effectively limits the number of voice-accessible browser tabs in Chrome to 8.

I cast my VC user's vote for intagging all the tabs like in the "good ol' days". 

If there is a limit of only one intag per tab, please put the intag on the tab itself not the close button.

-------------
Daniel
RAM 16GB
Speechware FlexyMike

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:54am
Being a rookie, I am still doing my dead level best to learn VoiceComputer from the ground up. I give myself an A+ for effort, but I still only know maybe 30 or 40% of this WONDERFUL program. 

I really like what Daniel says, but what does a rookie know? MS EDGE, Opera, and WaterFox all follow that tabbing methodology, and I find them wonderfully easy to use; my pain level and ability to use a mouse are rapidly changing. One is soaring up and the other is going down.

All you folks are the BEST and a BLESSING!

Respectfully,
Tom (Jeter2)

-------------
Tom 68 (Jeter2)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.2 GHz-32 GB DDR 4 RAM--512 GB Western Digital M.2 --4 TB Western Digital GOLD
Windows 10 64-bit – DRAGON PI 15

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:26pm
Daniel & Tom,

Problem is "InTag menu" in Google Chrome should produce to numbers for each tab (i.e., one number slightly to the left of the current number which is over the "X". The numbers as they currently stand over each tab are there for the purpose of closing the tab, not opening or switching to it. In other words, there is a number missing.

Look in Firefox and look in Internet Explorer. In both cases the active tab has two numbers. In the case of chrome "InTag menu" only provides one number per tab regardless of which is the active tab. That is what is incorrect and what we have to correct, along with eliminating the tabs on the links in the webpages, which should be handled by the Chrome Extension (VoiceComputer).

Nevertheless, as displayed, the numbers are correct in Google Chrome "InTag menu" it's important to understand how InTags works, or is supposed to work. Otherwise, your way often left field.

The long and the short of it is that we have to fix so that it works properly as it used to.

Lastly, you are only limited to switching through eight tabs in any browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer) if you use the Dragon commands (i.e., switch to tab <1-8>). However, if you have more than eight tabs you can always switch to the next tab by saying "switch to next tab" or "switch to previous tab"

For the time being just use what's available and we'll fix "InTag menu" so that it works properly. That's why it is extremely important for users to understand how Dragon and VoiceComputer work in given applications so that you aren't making assumptions based on what you see vs. making analyses according to what is currently the case. This is where most users make incorrect assessments about what is going on.

-------------
Chuck Runquist

VoiceTeach, LLC

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Chucker Chucker wrote:

The long and the short of it is that we have to fix so that it works properly as it used to.

Chucker,

Thank you for this clear concise summary of intag issues in Chrome Browser. It's good to know that patience rather than voting is the better course here.

-------------
Daniel
RAM 16GB
Speechware FlexyMike

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:22am
Tom,

Thanks for your comment.

There is one other handy voice command in Dragon for navigating more than 8  browser tabs: "Switch to last tab".

If you have 12 browser tabs open in Chrome, this command can be a real voice/time saver.

-------------
Daniel
RAM 16GB
Speechware FlexyMike

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:15pm
Daniel and all,

Hi and thanks for your comment as well--it was very instructive as I didn't know some of these commands. It will be very helpful to me!

Thanks and Happy Easter to all!
Tom (Jeter2)

-------------
Tom 68 (Jeter2)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.2 GHz-32 GB DDR 4 RAM--512 GB Western Digital M.2 --4 TB Western Digital GOLD

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 7:32pm
Happy Easter to all of you from VoiceTeach (VoiceWare Systems).

Daniel,

Thanks for remembering to include "switch to [the] last tab". Nevertheless, all of these commands are located in the Command Browser under Google Chrome commands.

In addition, there are other ways to skin a cat as well.

-------------
Chuck Runquist

VoiceTeach, LLC

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm
The forum is back!
(We're hoping to move to new forum software within the next couple of weeks.)

I created a new command that will let you switch between tabs in Google Chrome. Please test and let me know how it works.

The command:
Pick tab #

To use: 
To switch to a tab that only has the 'x' Intagged, say, "Pick Tab #".
To close the tab, say the number  over the 'x'

The command first executes a mouseover command and then sends a pick this tab heardword command.
This makes the command a little slow. But, it's just a temporary workaround until we get a chance to update our Chrome extension.

Upload the following file and copy over the existing file in:
C:\ProgramData\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\Commands\Custom

uploads/10/displaynumbers.xml" rel="nofollow - uploads/10/displaynumbers.xml

-------------
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer

Posted By: Speech1965
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:20pm
These DVC commands probably work faster. I've been using them for years and years and they've never failed me. Simply double-click any of the existing DVC commands in your Dragon Command Browser and click Create New:

Bar <1to9> (quickly select any of the open tabs)

if _arg1 = "1" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+1}"
if _arg1 = "2" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+2}"
if _arg1 = "3" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+3}"
if _arg1 = "4" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+4}"
if _arg1 = "5" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+5}"
if _arg1 = "6" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+6}"
if _arg1 = "7" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+7}"
if _arg1 = "8" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+8}"
if _arg1 = "9" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+9}" 

Notice the name "Bar" instead of "Tab". The latter is not always understood properly while "Bar" is always understood correctly by Dragon. Make sure to insert the 1to9 list and make this command Chrome specific.

Close Bar (closes current tab)

SendKeys "{Ctrl+w}"

Reopen Bar (this is a lifesaver if you accidentally close a tab)

SendKeys "{Ctrl+Shift+t}"

You can use the same commands in Edge Dev (for even faster response) but you will then have to make them specific to Edge of course.

-------------
http://www.speechproductivity.eu" rel="nofollow - http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest and Safest Dictation Boxes for Dragon

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:13pm
Ron, Chuck, and folks,

Received some really bad news about my father-in-law's health today, and the same kind of news about my back and its future, so I am not feeling very adventurous or astute today. A little more detailed guidance about this would be greatly appreciated...really don't want to mess this up...

Kind regards and with THANKS IMMENSELY,
Tom (Jeter2)

-------------
Tom 68 (Jeter2)

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:15pm
Ron, Chuck, and folks,

Sorry...didn't see my friend Rob's post; I will study it tomorrow and post back!

Tom

-------------
Tom 68 (Jeter2)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk