The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedQuestions about Intags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about Intags
    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 10:16am
A user's questions:

>Here's a few questions I couldn't find in the user's guide, unless I overlooked it… Is there a way to
> turn off or hide the numbers on the taskbar? When a stream a movie or something on Hulu the
> numbers are still on the bottom of the picture.

To turn off the Intags on the taskbar, say: 'Configure VoiceComputer', '14 Open' where '14' is Toggle Intags on Taskbar. 'No' then Restart Speech
Reverse the procedure to enable them

>I still occasionally use "MouseGrid" (It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks), why does MouseGrid
> not work when the numbers are turned on? I have also noticed there are times when you try to
> switch to a different program it'll jump back to the old one unless you turn off the numbers.

In the 'Show Intag Lesson' and 'Show Intag Commands', we explain:

Intags are very powerful and useful but sometimes they can be too much of a good thing!
 Intags blocking text or control? Say, Toggle to toggle the display on/off.
 Intags interfering with your work? Say, Toggle for <5, 10, 20> to close Intags for approximately 5, 10 and 20 seconds and then reopen them.
 Intags interfering with your work? Say, Close Intags. To reopen them, say, Intag that / Intag Window.

>Why does the delete "number" not work anymore?
What did the command do? I don't remember it.
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:43pm
"What did the command do? I don't remember it."

I think they mean "delete tag/intag" in showCustomOverlayActive.xml (not sure if this was the original name I may have customized it in my xml):

<command type="legacy-script">
        <name><![CDATA[deletetag]]></name>
        <actions>
          <action><![CDATA[wait 10]]></action>
        <action><![CDATA[ShellExecute "XXYYZZscripts\Open_VP1.exe $*#*$b1x2y2z2g9fc14"]]></action>
      </actions>
      <runtime_changes>
        <replace>XXYYZZ, rootpath</replace>
        <replace>x2y2z2, vtpath2transfer</replace>
      </runtime_changes>
    </command> 

Edited by Speech1965 - 08 Nov 2019 at 7:44pm
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest and Safest Dictation Boxes for Dragon
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 10:04am
The user hasn't replied. (Delete tag still works in Overlays.)
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
dbassman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 9:56am

I apologize for not replying earlier, I spent a few days in the hospital and I'm just getting back to reviewing this.

I wish there was a command to turn off the Intags on the taskbar where you do not have to restart speech to turn them off and back on. Similar to the old "Intag taskbar" command only have it toggle the taskbar Intags on and off. Maybe think about that for your next release?

The "delete Intag" command would delete the file/email that was being tagged. For instance if I had "Windows Explorer" open and there were a bunch of files being listed & tagged I could say "delete 36" and it would delete the file that was tagged 36. It worked the same way in my Outlook 2016, I could say "delete Intag #" and it would delete the email that was tagged with that number. I used this command quite frequently and really miss it.

~ I'd Rather Be Fishing! ~
Earthvoice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earthvoice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 10:10am
I would also be interested in a feature that would turn off intag's on the taskbar easily. It would allow me to easily watch video in fullscreen without the intag showing which would be nice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 2:25pm
dbassman,

First backup the original displaynumbers.xml to a safe place! 
Now Open the file with Notepad and put in the following (right below <menu name="ShNumAct" type="vplist"> and the first <command> statement you see):

<command type="vp-script">
        <name>
          <![CDATA[delete <1to300cf>]]>
        </name>
        <actions>
  <overlaymouseaction action="move" numbers="_value1"/>
          <wait ms="1600"/>
            <sendkeys mode="sync" string="{delete}"/>
        </actions>
      </command>

Result will be commands like "delete 30", "delete 45" etc.

In a similar way you can create a whole bunch of additional commands:

<name>
          <![CDATA[rename <1to300cf>]]>
        </name>
        <actions>
          <wait ms="1600"/>
            <sendkeys mode="sync" string="{F2}"/>
        </actions>
      </command>

<name>
          <![CDATA[properties <1to300cf>]]>
        </name>
        <actions>
          <wait ms="1600"/>
            <sendkeys mode="sync" string="%{Enter}"/>
        </actions>
      </command>

You can do similar things with showCustomOverlayActive.xml (for MyIntags) but make sure to backup the original as well in case something goes wrong.

Edited by Speech1965 - 23 Nov 2019 at 2:28pm
dbassman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:25pm
Thanks speech1965, which one of the displaynumbers.xml's am I supposed to backup & edit? I have two, they are in the following libraries: C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\config\VoiceComputer\Commands\Custom C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\help\VC_Files\Custom_files They are both currently the same size, 69kB.

Thanks again for your help! Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 3:29pm
It's actually the one in Program Data:

C:\ProgramData\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\Commands\Custom\displaynumbers.xml

dbassman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 6:46am
I finally tried your script, and unfortunately it did not work. Cry I copied and placed the XML file where you said and restarted voicecomputer. I tried using it both with Windows Explorer and Outlook 2016 and it would not delete the line with the intag #.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 6:08pm
Hmm, that's odd. The delete <number> command is mostly meant for the Desktop or Windows Explorer but it should also work in the message header sections of Thunderbird/Outlook etc..

I created a video for those who want to add their own custom Intag/ MyIntags commands by editing the VC XMLs. Maybe you want to check it out to see if you missed anything?

Edited by Speech1965 - 01 Dec 2019 at 6:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic