The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show dictation box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show dictation box
    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 5:27am
The Dragon dictation box is rather usefully intag-less. This avoids the words "won", "to", "two", "too", "free","for", "fore" etc. upsetting matters. However, I have a problem introduced by Voicecomputer. If I say "show dictation box", it is impossible to speak text into the box. Is this some sort of focus problem?
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 2:01pm
Stephen,

Possibly, but unlikely.

First, the Dragon Dictation Box does not support object oriented tagging (InTags).

Second, if you're having a problem dictating into the Dictation Box (Dragon), then the problem most likely exist within your profile. You can try using Rob's variation on the Dragon Dictation Box, but if you cannot dictate into his Dictation Box utility, then the probability is very likely your user profile.
Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC
Nimbargent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 1:13am
Thank you, Chuck.

It is the new version of Voicecomputer that inhibits the ability to type into the Dragon dictation box. However, when Voicecomputer is shutdown the dictation box works again.

Nonetheless, I have added a HeardWord "hide","intags" to one of Rob's boxes and this creates an intag-free typing zone. This used not to be possible because the system used to type the words "hide intags". So for now this is well resolved.

Regards Stephen
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 5:21pm
Stephen,

Of course I will honor your (unspoken) request 😁. Adding HW commands will only slow things down so you're probably more interested in a fast, buttonless box, right? 

This one has all the SP safety features but won't attract any VC intags. See it in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZH8jrjsk6M&feature=youtu.be

Furthermore, it always launches in the center and won't remember its previous state or position because I know you don't like that 👀
I will send it to you tomorrow with the included commands.

Funny thing, this little box was programmed with a tiny 100 lines of code. The forthcoming SP Pro 6.0 All-in-one Dictation Box currently has well over 3000 (my recently hired programmer thought it was a good idea to add some innovative features and safety options). But then again, it's going to be the ultimate "one-stop" dictation solution 👌

Edited by Speech1965 - 21 Oct 2019 at 5:30pm
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest and Safest Dictation Boxes for Dragon
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 6:50pm

Stephen,

Current version of VoiceComputer is 1.2.2.1. Is that the version you're referring to?

Regardless, the fact that you're having problems with the Dictation Box doesn't necessarily mean that VoiceComputer is at the bottom of it.

Logic 101: Post Hoc fallacy - The logical fallacy of believing that temporal succession implies a causal relation.

I have no problems with the current version of VoiceComputer and dictation into the Dragon Dictation Box. I've also checked with several other users and they are not having that problem either. It appears that the fact that the problem is occurring in your case is unique to you.

Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC
Nimbargent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 1:56am
Thank you, Chucker, for checking. Indeed, the customer is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. Ron has been very quick to acknowledge in the past where there is a real issue. I appreciate your checking in this instance. Rob has provided me with a good solution with the SP intag-less box. Best wishes, Stephen

Version 1.2.2.1

Edited by Nimbargent - 23 Oct 2019 at 2:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic