The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedkeep losing custom command position file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: keep losing custom command position file
    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
since updated to 2020 I have had restore my C:\ProgramData\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\Commands\Custom\positioncmds.xml file at least three times. It keeps reverting to a default file.

Help.
Tom
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 8:50am

Whenever you make a configuration change. (Enable/Disable Mouse commands, etc.), VoiceComputer overwrites all xml command files with the command files in the 'master' directory when the program starts or restarts.
(It does this to ensure that there are no duplicate command files. (Duplicate files would cause the program to crash.)
In fact, VC will refresh command files if you just open the VC configuration; don't make any changes; but, select 'OK' instead of 'Cancel' when you close the configuration screen.

The solution is to copy your custom file(s) OVER the existing file(s) in the default ('master') directory of command files (C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\help\VC_Files\Custom_files) with each new release of VoiceComputer.

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Thomas Reid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 6:00pm
okay, thanks, I'm sure I've read that elsewhere before, but forgot it.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic