The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMicrosoft excel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZZb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft excel
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:40am
hello, thank you for taking the time to read my questions.

I'm having some trouble with Microsoft Excel in tags.

It will intag everything including home, file et cetera, when I open it. However, for example when I wish to make something bold or actually click into any of those intags, (for example if home is 20, and I say 20), then it briefly shows the rest of the buttons for example bold and italics, however then that disappears, and the intags stop working. 

It then occasionally but not always does that thing where there is a grid of intags, rather than in tags over the buttons. 

I have downloaded the new voice computer today, the 2020 version, and it still having the same problem. Was having the same problem with the 2019 version. 

Would be grateful for any insight! 
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 11:46am

Hi,

What version of Excel are you using? 2010 or 2016? We haven’t seen these specific issues with Excel, so, I appreciate you reaching out to let us know. I will definitely look into this issue further.

It would be helpful if you could send me your log file so I can figure out what is happening and offer a solution. Please email me the log file to info@voicecomputer.com. To find the log file, please go to: C:\ProgramData\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer and attach the VoiceComputer Log.txt file to your message.

In the meantime, you can use other VoiceComputer commands in Excel. We have Excel specific commands that you can learn more about by saying, “Show Excel Commands”. There are also Global formatting commands that you can learn about by saying, “Show Formatting Commands”. By saying, “Show Main Menu” you can learn more about VoiceComputer commands and features.

The intags are designed to minimize the need for command memorization, but, knowing “backup” commands never hurts.

Thanks,

Marissa

ZZb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZZb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 1:03pm
dear Marissa thank you very much for your response

I have sent an email to the address below show you that I can't actually find the file that you specify-when I go into the voice  computer file the voice computer log doesn't exist!

The weird grid seems to come up sometimes on Microsoft Word as well so I do think it's just Excel that doesn't work.
I just realised that when I downloaded voice computer 2019 in order to make it work, Ron suggested that I delete the program data file as a workaround.
So I am wondering if that has something to do with it because I didn't see a file called program data either on my 1 it was called program files which I assumed was just another word for program data!

I will forward you the email that Ron sent me before so you can see it
many thanks
ZZb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZZb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 2:50am
hi Marissa I have emailed you but just to update I did actually find the program data file and have sent you the log!
Thank you so much for your help in this matter and sorry for the back-and-forth

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic