The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Win 10 mic setting keeps sliding down 100% to 30%
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win 10 mic setting keeps sliding down 100% to 30%

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win 10 mic setting keeps sliding down 100% to 30%
    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:10am
Basically what happens is that I set the microphone at 100% in Windows 10 settings and within a few minutes it has slid back down to anything between 19 and 35%. There are a lot of references to this if you do a Google search and I've tried a few things but I cannot find anything to stop it from happening.

I have tried things like changing the settings in Skype to stop automatic adjustment of its microphone settings and put the Skype mic to 100%. I have also tried checking and unchecking the two options in win 10 mic settings under microphone properties about allowing application to take exclusive control and give exclusive mode applications priority (some reports suggest that unchecking these stops the volume changing - however the apply button is greyed out and this suggests that it's not saving changes to the settings. The only way to get this "Apply" button back is to click on "restore defaults". Even so I still have the same problem of the microphone setting reverting to a low percentage.

For what it is worth, I have a Sennheiser MB Pro 1 mic that has its own usb dongle.

Anyone had this experience or knows how to stop it?
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:07pm
What version of Windows 10 do you have?
What version of Dragon?

Even so I still have the same problem of the microphone setting reverting to a low percentage.

Do you know if the settings revert after opening Dragon or Skype?

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 6:55pm
Are you sure that this is not just Dragon adjusting the microphone volume?
Especially in DPI 15 where the far field algorithms are used.

Edited by Speech1965 - 14 Aug 2019 at 6:58pm
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest and Safest Dictation Boxes for Dragon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic