The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Chromium Edge Intags browser tab not close button
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chromium Edge Intags browser tab not close button

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chromium Edge Intags browser tab not close button
    Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:05am
A while ago, I started a thread about useless intagging in Chrome Browser.  "Intag menu"  only  intags the close buttons on browser tabs.

The new Chromium Edge Browser from Microsoft does not have this problem. It simply intags the browser tabs. So far I like this much better than Firefox. Chromium Edge has a much nicer UX than Chrome.

Have others tried this out? 
Try it. I think you'll like it.

Edited by doicet - 18 May 2019 at 3:45pm
Daniel
VoiceComputer 2019 v. 1.3.1
Win 10 64-bit (i7) 3.50 GHz
RAM 16GB
audio-technica PRO8HE
Thomas Reid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:43am
I am seeing exactly the same results as with chrome. I don't have any extensions loaded on the edge browser, do you?
Tom
doicet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Thomas Reid Thomas Reid wrote:

I am seeing exactly the same results as with chrome. I don't have any extensions loaded on the edge browser, do you?

I have only one extension loaded ("Translator for Microsoft Edge").

However, the browser tab intags worked right from the get go, and it continues doing so after I  installed the extension. 

I downloaded Chromium Edge from the DevChannel at the following link:
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download
Let me know if this is helpful.

Edited by doicet - 18 May 2019 at 4:00pm
Daniel
RAM 16GB
audio-technica PRO8HE
Thomas Reid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:45am
Daniel, that's where I downloaded the version that I was looking at. When I intag the menu, I only get the numbers over the exit buttons on the tab. I did not notice that the numbers over the tab itself are hidden. That is, the visible numbers go from 5 to 7 to 9, and so forth. If I say 6, or 8, and so forth, it does activate the tab properly, but those tags are hidden.

I still find it hard to not use the mousegrid system. The previous edge browser, along with several other Microsoft UWP applications don't allow the grid to be visible. I tend to avoid any of those applications. This new edge works just fine. 

However, the major problem that I am seeing with this new browser is that voicecomputer is not actually tagging the window, it is only tagging the menu. This makes the Edge browser a nonstarter till that gets resolved.
Tom
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:17am
Daniel,

I needed to install the Chrome extension and switch to Developer mode to get the Intags working.
(There is quite a bit of double numbering, so we'll modify our Chrome extension to work with this.)

But, I can't dictate. - Were you able to install the Dragon Chrome extension?
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
doicet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by RonK RonK wrote:

Daniel,
But, I can't dictate. - Were you able to install the Dragon Chrome extension?

Yes, I am dictating this reply in Chromium Edge. Here are my developer mode settings

Sorry for the late reply. It's been a long time between visits.

Edited by doicet - 08 Jun 2019 at 10:46am
Daniel
RAM 16GB
audio-technica PRO8HE
doicet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Thomas Reid Thomas Reid wrote:

Daniel, ...the major problem that I am seeing with this new browser is that voicecomputer is not actually tagging the window, it is only tagging the menu. This makes the Edge browser a nonstarter till that gets resolved.

This is a day for late replies from me. My apologies.

I received an elegant, but easy, workaround for this problem on the Knowbrainer NaturallySpeaking Forum. Just Google for "Daniel".

However, it looks like Ron is catching things up in this department!
Daniel
RAM 16GB
audio-technica PRO8HE
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:12am
Daniel,

I fixed the numbering of the tabs with Chrome (for the next release) and was about to fix the numbering of the tabs with Chromium Edge but our extension is no longer tagging the Window (and I have the same developer mode settings as you).

Any ideas?

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
doicet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by RonK RonK wrote:

Daniel,

I fixed the numbering of the tabs with Chrome (for the next release) and was about to fix the numbering of the tabs with Chromium Edge but our extension is no longer tagging the Window (and I have the same developer mode settings as you).

Any ideas?

Did you try to download an extension and then open Google Play Store? That worked for me. The Dragon Extension downloaded and installed to Chromium Edge with no fuss.

As to intagging in chromium Edge, VoiceComputer will intag the menu but not the page. It's annoying but not a deal breaker for me so far.

There may be a difference between your version and mine. I currently use 1.3.9, but I think the latest version of VoiceComputer is 1.3.9a.
Daniel
RAM 16GB
audio-technica PRO8HE
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:42pm
As to intagging in chromium Edge, VoiceComputer will intag the menu but not the page.

The first several times I used it, I had it Intagging the page (and the menu separately), as in Chrome. It was double numbering several things, but that's easy to fix.

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic