The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dealing with windows that aren't really windows wi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dealing with windows that aren't really windows wi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voiceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealing with windows that aren't really windows wi
    Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:11am
Every once in a while, I will come across a window that is not recognized by VC when creating custom overlays. What happens is, that VC will recognize the bigger window behind it. This pseudo-window I'm thinking of is the Microsoft emoticons menu/window. I suppose I could put custom intags on the window assigned the given overlay, then again, I would have to do this for every single program I wanted to insert emoticons into. Is there a workaround for this?
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:14pm
Yes, it's difficult because the emoticons window takes the name of the active program and it doesn't have a title.

The best solution that I can think of is to create a macro that would open the emoticons window, give it a title and open an Overlay. (I think this would work.)  You'd have to add the tags.

Right now I'm working on a major new release. I don't know whether I have time to include this in the release.

Edited by RonK - 09 May 2019 at 9:20pm
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic