The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

chrome menu intags incomplete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Chucker Chucker wrote:

The long and the short of it is that we have to fix so that it works properly as it used to.

Chucker,

Thank you for this clear concise summary of intag issues in Chrome Browser. It's good to know that patience rather than voting is the better course here.
Daniel
VoiceComputer 2019 v. 1.3.1
Win 10 64-bit (i7) 3.50 GHz
RAM 16GB
audio-technica PRO8HE
doicet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:22am
Tom,

Thanks for your comment.

There is one other handy voice command in Dragon for navigating more than 8  browser tabs: "Switch to last tab".

If you have 12 browser tabs open in Chrome, this command can be a real voice/time saver.
Daniel
VoiceComputer 2019 v. 1.3.1
Win 10 64-bit (i7) 3.50 GHz
RAM 16GB
audio-technica PRO8HE
Tom68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:15pm
Daniel and all,

Hi and thanks for your comment as well--it was very instructive as I didn't know some of these commands. It will be very helpful to me!

Thanks and Happy Easter to all!
Tom (Jeter2)

Tom 68 (Jeter2)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.2 GHz-32 GB DDR 4 RAM--512 GB Western Digital M.2 --4 TB Western Digital GOLD
Windows 10 64-bit – DRAGON PI 15
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 7:32pm
Happy Easter to all of you from VoiceTeach (VoiceWare Systems).

Daniel,

Thanks for remembering to include "switch to [the] last tab". Nevertheless, all of these commands are located in the Command Browser under Google Chrome commands.

In addition, there are other ways to skin a cat as well.

Edited by Chucker - 19 Apr 2019 at 7:34pm
Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm
The forum is back!
(We're hoping to move to new forum software within the next couple of weeks.)

I created a new command that will let you switch between tabs in Google Chrome. Please test and let me know how it works.

The command:
Pick tab #

To use: 
To switch to a tab that only has the 'x' Intagged, say, "Pick Tab #".
To close the tab, say the number  over the 'x'

The command first executes a mouseover command and then sends a pick this tab heardword command.
This makes the command a little slow. But, it's just a temporary workaround until we get a chance to update our Chrome extension.

Upload the following file and copy over the existing file in:
C:\ProgramData\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\Commands\Custom
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:20pm
These DVC commands probably work faster. I've been using them for years and years and they've never failed me. Simply double-click any of the existing DVC commands in your Dragon Command Browser and click Create New:

Bar <1to9> (quickly select any of the open tabs)

if _arg1 = "1" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+1}"
if _arg1 = "2" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+2}"
if _arg1 = "3" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+3}"
if _arg1 = "4" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+4}"
if _arg1 = "5" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+5}"
if _arg1 = "6" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+6}"
if _arg1 = "7" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+7}"
if _arg1 = "8" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+8}"
if _arg1 = "9" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+9}" 

Notice the name "Bar" instead of "Tab". The latter is not always understood properly while "Bar" is always understood correctly by Dragon. Make sure to insert the 1to9 list and make this command Chrome specific.

Close Bar (closes current tab)

SendKeys "{Ctrl+w}"

Reopen Bar (this is a lifesaver if you accidentally close a tab)

SendKeys "{Ctrl+Shift+t}"

You can use the same commands in Edge Dev (for even faster response) but you will then have to make them specific to Edge of course.

Edited by Speech1965 - 23 Apr 2019 at 4:27pm
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest Dictation Boxes for Dragon and more
Tom68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:13pm
Ron, Chuck, and folks,

Received some really bad news about my father-in-law's health today, and the same kind of news about my back and its future, so I am not feeling very adventurous or astute today. A little more detailed guidance about this would be greatly appreciated...really don't want to mess this up...

Kind regards and with THANKS IMMENSELY,
Tom (Jeter2)
Tom 68 (Jeter2)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.2 GHz-32 GB DDR 4 RAM--512 GB Western Digital M.2 --4 TB Western Digital GOLD
Tom68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:15pm
Ron, Chuck, and folks,

Sorry...didn't see my friend Rob's post; I will study it tomorrow and post back!

Tom
Tom 68 (Jeter2)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic