The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedchrome menu intags incomplete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:49am
Yes, Chrome has released numerous upgrades. And they don't care about backward compatibility.

They did this 5 years ago. They released an update that broke things, a month later they changed things again and then a month later changed again.

Nuance and Google are monopolies and do whatever they wish. Our government used to enforce anti-trust rules and regulations. (Europe still does and they just fined Google $1.7 B.)

We'll try to figure out what they're doing and release an update. But, we're not rushing because we need to wait until things settle down.

In the meanwhile, you can create an overlay for the tabs. See, "Show Overlay Lesson", "Show Overlay Commands" and ask for help on this forum.
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 6:20pm
Couple of points FYI.

As of 04/05/2019 09:04PM note the current version of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Also, just FYI per our the following and current web extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox:

Dragon Professional Web Extension for Firefox
version 1.40.0.5
Last Updated: November 23, 2018
Dragon Web Extension For Chrome
Version 15.2.0.17

If you are not using the current versions and/or settings in Google Chrome and/or Firefox, don't blame VoiceComputer or Dragon.

That being said Google has been making consistent upgrades and updates of Google Chrome that are closer to being Dragon friendly. This is the reason why "InTag menu" is able to number both the upper and lower (webpage) portions of Google Chrome webpages. This is not a bug in VoiceComputer or Google Chrome. In fact, it's actually a feature improvement in Google Chrome that makes it more Full Text Control (Select-and-Say) enabled.

You can now use "InTag menu" to number all of the objects in both the upper portion of the Google Chrome screen and the web links portion if you wish, although we may change it. Also, it is by design that tab numbering is for closing tabs, which is why there is only one number associated with each tab. In addition, the "+" is numbered, which allows you to "open a new tab" and/or choose from the available tabs in this function.

To move between tabs or perform other functions on existing tabs, use the built-in commands for Google Chrome in the Dragon Command Browser.

If you use "InTag menu", be prepared for it to be slower than using the VoiceComputer Chrome Extension for web links. We may change the way that VoiceComputer handles InTags so as to go back to the functionality of the "InTag menu" command that everyone has become use to. If we do, we will let you know. On the other hand, we recommend using the VoiceComputer Chrome Extension for web links etc. because it refreshes almost instantly and is significantly faster.

Note that it's your choice until or unless we change it, but using "InTag menu" will be slower in terms of both refresh and functionality of the InTag numbers.

Chuck

Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC
Nimbargent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:16pm
Just got this by email: Windows Insider.

You might have heard that some changes are coming for Microsoft Edge, and today we’re excited to announce that the first preview builds of the next version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium are now ready for download on Windows 10 PCs.

There seems to be hope here for VC. 
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 1:17pm
Stephen,

Not sure what you're referring to. VoiceComputer (InTags) is always been compatible with Microsoft Edge. What were looking for is Dragon compatibility.
Chuck Runquist

VoiceTeach, LLC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:40am
Sorry Chucker

OK. I didn't explain myself well. I have the Dragon extension installed in the new [Chromium] Edge and that seems to work. Whether there is an advantage in doing this is another matter. Do I need to install the Intag extension in Edge? If so, how do I do it?

The new Edge appears to behave like Chrome rather than Edge. So is the Intag extension needed?

Edited by Nimbargent - 10 Apr 2019 at 7:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 7:18am
By reference to an old link, I have managed to install the Intag extension into Edge and I have the green IN light. The numbering between the menu and the page seems to be continuous, so I'm not quite sure whether the INTAG extension is working.
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 7:54am
We'll be looking at all these changes and will update our Chrome extension. 
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
doicet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doicet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Chucker Chucker wrote:

To move between tabs or perform other functions on existing tabs, use the built-in commands for Google Chrome in the Dragon Command Browser.

This effectively limits the number of voice-accessible browser tabs in Chrome to 8.

I cast my VC user's vote for intagging all the tabs like in the "good ol' days". 

If there is a limit of only one intag per tab, please put the intag on the tab itself not the close button.
Daniel
VoiceComputer 2020 v. 1.2.2.1
Win 10 64-bit (i7) 3.50 GHz
RAM 16GB
Speechware FlexyMike
Tom68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:54am
Being a rookie, I am still doing my dead level best to learn VoiceComputer from the ground up. I give myself an A+ for effort, but I still only know maybe 30 or 40% of this WONDERFUL program. 

I really like what Daniel says, but what does a rookie know? MS EDGE, Opera, and WaterFox all follow that tabbing methodology, and I find them wonderfully easy to use; my pain level and ability to use a mouse are rapidly changing. One is soaring up and the other is going down.

All you folks are the BEST and a BLESSING!

Respectfully,
Tom (Jeter2)
Tom 68 (Jeter2)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.2 GHz-32 GB DDR 4 RAM--512 GB Western Digital M.2 --4 TB Western Digital GOLD
Windows 10 64-bit – DRAGON PI 15
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:26pm
Daniel & Tom,

Problem is "InTag menu" in Google Chrome should produce to numbers for each tab (i.e., one number slightly to the left of the current number which is over the "X". The numbers as they currently stand over each tab are there for the purpose of closing the tab, not opening or switching to it. In other words, there is a number missing.

Look in Firefox and look in Internet Explorer. In both cases the active tab has two numbers. In the case of chrome "InTag menu" only provides one number per tab regardless of which is the active tab. That is what is incorrect and what we have to correct, along with eliminating the tabs on the links in the webpages, which should be handled by the Chrome Extension (VoiceComputer).

Nevertheless, as displayed, the numbers are correct in Google Chrome "InTag menu" it's important to understand how InTags works, or is supposed to work. Otherwise, your way often left field.

The long and the short of it is that we have to fix so that it works properly as it used to.

Lastly, you are only limited to switching through eight tabs in any browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer) if you use the Dragon commands (i.e., switch to tab <1-8>). However, if you have more than eight tabs you can always switch to the next tab by saying "switch to next tab" or "switch to previous tab"

For the time being just use what's available and we'll fix "InTag menu" so that it works properly. That's why it is extremely important for users to understand how Dragon and VoiceComputer work in given applications so that you aren't making assumptions based on what you see vs. making analyses according to what is currently the case. This is where most users make incorrect assessments about what is going on.

Edited by Chucker - 18 Apr 2019 at 6:28pm
Chuck Runquist

VoiceTeach, LLC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic