The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Remove document" command

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future_Ethics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Remove document" command
    Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:03pm
Dragon suddenly deleted all of the words I had in the active Microsoft Word window. Undo doesn't seem to do anything, so it looks like I'm going to have to just close the window without saving, which costs me about half an hour of work. I looked in the recognition history and it looks like "remove document" command that Dragon apparently misheard me as saying is the only thing that could explain the situation.

How can I disable this "remove document" command so that this doesn't happen again?
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:02pm
I hadn't seen this but it seems to be a Word command. However, I was able to undo the deletion. 

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:43am
Max,

Any of the "Remove…" Or "delete…" Commands are native to Microsoft Word and are hardcoded in Dragon. They cannot be removed. You can find these in the Command Browser under the Word commands depending upon the version of Microsoft Office that you're using.

The only option that you have is to say "show Dragon options", choose "Commands", click on the button for "More Commands and either remove the checkmark from Natural Language Commands, which will effectively disable all Natural Language Commands, or remove the checkmark from "Enable Microsoft Word commands.

You cannot remove or delete any of the Natural Language Commands.

Edited by Chucker - 18 Feb 2019 at 12:00pm
Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:27pm
I didn't know these commands. I have Office 2016 Pro and it seems they are not available for that edition.

Chuck,
If I remember correctly I heard Lunis on the KB forum saying that if you create a command with exactly the same name (and make it do nothing) that Dragon will respond to that instead of the built in one. I cannot test it in this case. But is this correct?
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest Dictation Boxes for Dragon and more
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 6:52pm
Rob,

The problem is that Lunis loves to use Band-Aids as solutions, as do other users on the KnowBrainer forum. You can do it that way, but Band-Aids don't solve problems.

What I was referring to comes directly from the Command Browser for Word 2016. There there, you just have to find them. Try digging a little harder. The same exist for remove document.

Edited by Chucker - 19 Feb 2019 at 7:10pm
Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic