The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intags and browsers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intags and browsers
    Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:55am
hello, I purchased VoiceComputer lite last week and trying to learn it really isn't going well. Anyway my day on the computer is probably about 95% surfing the Internet. I was hoping that VoiceComputer would automatically label all the clickable links on all the webpages. I ran onto a message someplace from a couple years ago saying that that wasn't a strong point for VoiceComputer. It is more for programs that always have all the links in one place and you create overlays for them. I am wondering if that is still the case.
Thank you very much
Raymond
Thomas Reid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
I use the program a lot in browsing the web.  The intags only tag a control item (buttons, links, etc.).  I primarily use Chrome. There is an extension that you should ask Ron for to help with this browser. Firefox gives me a ton more tags than I care to see.  Microsoft Edge, for me, is far from Dragon friendly.  I don't use it very much at all.

If you're trying to navigate to a particular point on the screen where there are no controls, then you want to make sure you do the following: 

1. Have the mouse commands enabled, one time task, configure voicecomputer, choose 1
2. Look at the documentation for screen grid, (say show screen grid)
3.  Say something like mouse 20 at 30, the 1st number is your x-axis (left to right). The 2nd number is your y-axis (top to bottom). The screen is a 100 x 100 grid.

Good luck, the tool is very useful, it does take some time to learn its full capability.

Edited by Thomas Reid - 11 Feb 2019 at 9:51am
Tom
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:10pm
>  I was hoping that VoiceComputer would automatically label all the clickable links on all 
> the webpages.
>  ran onto a message someplace from a couple years ago saying that that wasn't a strong point 
> for VoiceComputer. 

Haven't seen this and it's literally not true.

First, VoiceComputer is the only speech application that can be customized to make any webpage or Intranet site fully accessible. 
Obviously, this capability is not meant for everyone because there's a cost for this customization.
But, if you work in a corporation or government agency, the fact that we can make everything fully accessible means that you can enjoy hands-free, pain-free control.

As for publicly accessible websites, the Intags work very well on the websites I use but if the Intags don't label clickable links on a web page that you're using, try the following:

1. Access the web page on different browsers, try Chrome, Edge (or IE) and Firefox. You'll see that Intags will label links with one browser but not on a second.

Note: If you use Firefox, you must use the ESR versions, "Extended Service Release". These are the only ones that support Dragon and VoiceComputer completely.

As Thomas pointed out, "Firefox gives me a ton more tags than I care to see."

But, this is a good thing.  - You'll notice that the extra tags can help make web pages more accessible.

Please post or email me the URLs of a few web pages that you cannot access and we'll take a look at them and see if we need to tweak our code.

Keep in mind that some websites do not make their webpages accessible because they ignore accessibility guidelines.

I don't run into these very often. But, you can use our Overlay feature to make the pages accessible. No scripting necessary.

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic