The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing VoiceComputer 2019, version 1.31

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm
Arkall,

Creating overlays is pretty straightforward simply say "Create Overlay" when you are in the target application. Now put your mouse cursor at the exact spot you want and then say "Create Tag". You don't have to save anything manually, changes will be stored automatically when the overlay is closed (say "Close Overlay").

I'm not sure about Visual Studio Code but in Visual Studio it's advised to use Overlays mostly. Sometimes the regular Intags have a conflict with Visual Studio (although this appears to be project specific).
Visual Studio sometimes has conflicts with Dragon as well.

Edited by Speech1965 - 04 Mar 2019 at 5:20pm
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest Dictation Boxes for Dragon and more
arkali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 6:18pm
Okay I was able to get the overlays working with the columns and rows of intags. However, the column of intags is not dense enough to have an intags for each button (specifically for each file in the file list on the left side of Visual Studio code). Is there a way to increase the density of intags within the column?
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
Did you try "configure voicecomputer" and then Additional Configuration Options and then Configure indentation/Spacing for my Intag Columns and Rows? Maybe you want to adjust the size of MyIntags as well.

If that's not detailed enough you can always create the tags manually. That maybe a bit of work but that way you can get any density you want (and you will only have to perform these actions once). I have created several very detailed overlays for applications that way.  You can change the MyIntag size on the fly and incorporate that in an AppBringUp voice command for calling up your application and loading the overlay along with it and then reset the MyIntag size in the closing command for that specific application.

For pixel precise moving of the mouse cursor while creating these detailed overlays I use the following (DVC) voice command:

go <mousedirection> <1to50>

IF _arg2 = "1 hundred" THEN _arg2 = Str$(100)
IF _arg2 = "2 hundred" THEN _arg2 = Str$(200)
MouseGrid 0
div#=1.41
xPos& = 0
yPos& = 0
nDistance& = Val( _arg2 ) *5
if _arg1 = "Up"     then yPos& = yPos& - nDistance&
if _arg1 = "Down"   then yPos& = yPos& + nDistance&
if _arg1 = "Left"   then xPos& = xPos& - nDistance&
if _arg1 = "Right"  then xPos& = xPos& + nDistance&
SetMousePosition 2, xPos&, yPos&

You can easily change the *5 value to your likings (smaller amount means more detail).
Remember that this voice command uses two lists.

_arg1 list items are:

Down
Up
Left
Right

_arg2 uses the 1to50 list you can also use a bigger one, 1-200 for instance.
Typical voice commands would be: "go Up 4", "go Left 35" etc.

Edited by Speech1965 - 05 Mar 2019 at 8:42am
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
The Fastest Dictation Boxes for Dragon and more
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
Yes.
Go to Configure VoiceComputer > Additional Configuration Options > 
Configure the Indentation / Spacing for My Intag Columns and Rows

When you try a spacing that doesn't work. Just delete the overlay (Delete Overlay and click Yes) and start over.
And, when you change the configuration, you'll notice that it creates a section in the settings.ini file (in the C:\ProgramData\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer directory)
[My Intags]
Horizontal Indent=10
Horizontal spacing=30
Vertical Indent=10
Vertical spacing=30

You can directly edit these settings to exactly what you need.

Also, you can also edit the CustomOverlays.xml file to add or edit the placements of any clickable points. (Make a copy of the file to edit. Once you make your edits, shut down speech, copy your edited file over the existing CustomOverlays.xml file and restart VoiceComputer.)

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic