The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Announcing VoiceComputer 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Announcing VoiceComputer 2019
    Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 8:24am
New features in VoiceComputer 2019

1. This release automatically configures the Intags and our mouse commands to your computer’s mouse settings (Primary button left, primary button right).
  2. Now you can configure Intags to turn off the automatic numbering of the Taskbar
  3. When your computer loses focus, this release will place focus on the left center of your screen. Alternatively, you can configure VoiceComputer to display an Intag grid or to turn off the Intags.  
  4. This release makes it easy to configure the VC Microphone. “Configure VoiceComputer” > Training/Configuration for the VC Microphone.
  5. In addition to the old ‘Toggle’ command that turns the Intags on/off for a couple of seconds to let you view controls hidden by the Intags, this release adds ‘Toggle for 10’ and ‘Toggle for 20’. These commands let you turn off the Intags for 10 or 20 seconds, so you can issue other commands without interference from the Intags.
  6. Our new ‘Toggle Overlay’, ‘Overlay for 10’, ‘Overlay for 20’, and ‘Click <1-10> on Overlay’ commands, help you enjoy the accessibility provided by our Overlays as you control your applications with Intags. See, Section 3 in our “Show Overlay Lesson.” 
  7. We found an excellent, free, easy-to-use, free XML editor that makes it relatively easy to rename and edit VoiceComputer commands. You can download the editor from:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmltreeeditor/

8. We updated much of our documentation and we're continuing to work on this.

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
jgold55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgold55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:41pm
Ron, thank you for your message regarding the update.

I did not receive the link.  Can you please send it to me?

Thank you very much.
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:55pm
We send links to our upgrades directly from our FetchApp server. It could've ended up in your Spam.

I just emailed you a link.

Note: We sent links to free upgrades to everyone who bought VoiceComputer since July of this year. If you bought before July, please buy an upgrade on our store at https://voiceteach.myshopify.com/

Thanks!

Edited by RonK - 04 Dec 2018 at 8:00pm
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Nimbargent View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:45am
Thank you, Ron, for the new features. It will take me a little time to play with these.

Please, can you explain why you have introduced this feature of toggling the intags on the taskbar? Personally, I can see no advantage here but maybe there is something that I'm not recognising. 

Stephen
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:10am
I think that I have a problem with the new program. 

Using the following page as an example: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

The Daily Mail page in Chrome is populated with brown intags (using the extension). Now I say, "intag menu". Red intags now populate the menu and the page with red intags that do not scroll. The red intags are replacing the brown.

Is this the correct behaviour where saying "intag menu" also intags the page with red intags?
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:25am
can you explain why you have introduced this feature of toggling the intags on the taskbar? 

Several users wanted the ability to turn the Intags on the taskbar off. One reason: recording the screen.
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:35am
It sounds like you found a bug. 
(Maybe it's just a misfire of the command since we didn't change anything to do with the Chrome extension.)

Close Chrome and restart it.

If you have the full VoiceComputer, use the "Close Chrome processes" command. 

While testing the new release, I noticed that Chrome eats up memory - right now it's taking 3GB with just a couple of tabs open.

I think I'll try Microsoft Edge for a while...

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:48am
Yes, the "close Chrome processes" works as a command. Unfortunately, I can easily replicate the problem across all pages. It is easier here to talk about "brown intags" (belonging to the extension) and "red intags" (applied without the extension). The brown and red intags give different numbers for the same page locations. I have had both occurring together, but that is difficult to replicate. For sure, when I say "intag menu" the whole Google page populates with red intags. 

The red intags do function correctly when the number is called, e.g. one fifty four" but as soon as the page is scrolled, the red do not position correctly.

Edited by Nimbargent - 07 Dec 2018 at 8:50am
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:54am
Please email me (or post) a screenshot of this!
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:06am
Before. Note appearance of the correct brown tags. Now go to page 2.

Edited by Nimbargent - 07 Dec 2018 at 9:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic