The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unusual application response

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgold55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 6:25am
no, left button is primary.

Right click causes the same opening new patient file.

Left click for some reason no matter how clearly I enunciate responds in the following weird way.  If I say "left click 25" the system somehow hears/adds "left click up 20 at 5" or some other strange mouse moving command.  And the screen also sometimes blacks out for a few moments.  That is also after a restart of the Practice management application.

That application has become more Dragon et al, unfriendly as time has gone along. 
jgold55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgold55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 6:44am
Another interesting interaction occurs when going to add a Patient Note.  

There are 2 adjacent tabs in a word processor type utility.  One is for SOAP notes (Subjective Objective Assessment Plan) and one is for Patient Notes.  Since Dragon v9.5, I believe, it became required to have Dragon Medical to dictate into the SOAP notes section due to EMR restriction.  For whatever reason, I was able to dictate into the Patient Notes without a problem.  Using Knowbrainer for some reason I can often dictate in the SOAP notes section (if I wanted to but really stopped using it after v9.5).  With VoiceComputer, even dictating into the Patient Notes section is immediately restricted. (Bummer)

So there are some sub windows where Voice Computer allows me to interact better and some worse.  I guess I need to use both Voice Computer Intags and Knowbrainer and know which to use where.
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 7:59am
no, left button is primary.

> Right click causes the same opening new patient file.

Then, we identified the problem. you accidentally configured VoiceComputer to right click instead of left click. (Our new release, coming later this week, automatically configures itself.)

In the meanwhile, say, "Configure VoiceComputer", then "3 Open" where '3' is the option to configure Intags for left-handed use"."Click No to set Left button as primary button.

>I guess I need to use both Voice Computer Intags and Knowbrainer and know which to use where.

No! Just use VoiceComputer's Overlays to make any control clickable.

(By the end of the year, we hope to add a feature that lets you combine the regular Intags and the Overlays on one screen.)

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
jgold55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgold55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 8:11am
Unfortunately  that didn't seem to change anything.  BTW, in VoiceComputer Lite, 12 open was the command to change the button from right to left.
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:12am
Since right click causes the same opening of the new patient file, the setting of primary button left/right has to be the problem. Try it both ways, making sure to restart VC/Dragon after you change the configuration.

Normally, I'd log into your computer to fix the problem but since the new release will automatically adjust for the setting of the primary button. Let's just wait for the new release.
VoiceComputer 2019 will be released this week. VoiceComputer Lite 2019 will be released next week.

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
jgold55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgold55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:34am
Still, the problem persists on that main screen despite resetting right/left buttons and restarting VC and Dragon.

It doesn't bother me so much on that particular screen because to some extent "See and Say" works.  I can call an icon and the program responds even without VC or Knowbrainer.

So far I am happy that on the ledger screens VC works fine and enables me to use Dragon.
jgold55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgold55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:18pm
Is it possible to configure Voice Computer so that InTags does not show up on a certain screen obviating the need to call the command "hide In Tags"?
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:39am
In theory it should be doable to trigger an intag hide procedure with a specific window handle. And triggering them back on as soon that window handle no longer exists.

The initial launching and closing part, btw, can easily be emulated with HeardWord. You can create a voice command that calls up HealthPro and hides intags at the same time. You will of course need the correct path to the main HealthPro executable. Let's say for example sake that there is a folder in your C:\Program Files (x86) directory named: Health Pro. Let's also assume that in that folder there is a main executable named HealthPro.exe (of course your mileage will vary so adjust it accordingly).

The command script would be the following (you can name the command anything you like):

HeardWord "hide","numbers"
Wait 0.5
AppBringUp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Health Pro\HealthPro.exe"

The second command to close the application will have to be a Health Pro application specific Voice Command (that only responds when Health Pro is running):

Exit (or use any other name)

SendKeys "{Alt+F4}"
Wait 0.5
HeardWord "show","numbers"

(If SendKeys doesn't work use SendSystemKeys).

Edited by Speech1965 - 05 Dec 2018 at 6:42am
http://www.speechproductivity.eu
Next-Generation Dictation Boxes and more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic