The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Place window lower right etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 8:55am
It makes so much more sense to work on one huge UHD screen than working across two screens (especially when legal documents). I do hope that your new version will include these valuable window placement commands. Once the awkward names are replaced by simple commands like "Quadrant One", Centre-it, it works superbly. It is a shame that you removed the good stuff. 

Edited by Nimbargent - 23 Oct 2018 at 8:57am
Chucker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 2:32pm
Stephen,

Actually, what makes sense is what is important to each individual user. We disabled these commands because, at the time, most of our users weren't using them and it made more sense to minimize the number of commands.

Nevertheless, it does make more sense using large monitors with high resolution video displays. I hope that you understand that we can't be all things to all users, all the time. Otherwise, VoiceComputer would become nothing but one big bloated add-on. We try to keep it as trim as possible.

Edited by Chucker - 23 Oct 2018 at 2:34pm
Chuck Runquist

Technical Project Manager

VoiceTeach, LLC
Nimbargent View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 6:45am
Thank you, Chucker, for you view on this.

It is probably a personal thing. I am working far more productively now with a single large screen and high definition. The adoption of the single large screen format is probably slow. From a business perspective,  I am doing far more work for my clients in the "cloud", e.g.coporate Outlook webmail: there is a problem here in that the systems can be very slow in accepting text. Speech computing needs to accommodate these changes. This by no means a criticism of this fine program. Regards, Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic