The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earthvoice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some issues
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 6:41am
I have been having some issues with voicecomputer recently.

The first issue is that somehow the microphone off command is triggering too much. Before I installed voicecomputer I never had this issue, now the microphone randomly turns off and I don't want it to.

Also on some websites when I'm typing in a box a word I am trying to dictate will end up getting recognized on the webpage and it will display a choice between 2 different links. 

I'm wondering if there is a command to gain focus on whatever the maximize window is. I tried to use show focus exercise command but it doesn't work on my computer for some reason. Basically I want to be able to easily select whatever window so I can start switching tabs or typing. A lot of times I would just have one window maximized but I still have to use a mouse command to have it clicked before I can start doing something.

Another issue I've been having is that when I change the settings for the font size for the intag's it doesn't change it for chrome and only changes it for the desktop and Firefox.

RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 5:13pm
An answer to some of your questions:

microphone off command is triggering too much

Are you using the VC Microphone?
If so, you need to know that the VC Microphone is not an out-of-the-box solution for most users. The VC Microphone is always ON, so it needs to be carefully configured for each user os that it works reliably. (And, to do this, you need to study the Using the VC Microphone.pdf documentation.)

So, if you don't need hands-free control of your computer, or don't want to put time into configuring the VC Mic feature, it's probably best not to use it.

I am trying to dictate will end up getting recognized on the webpage and it will display a choice between 2 different links. 

My guess is that you are triggering a Dragon feature. Dragon will pick a word that you say and number links that have that word. To avoid this problem, speak in complete phrases or sentences.

I have been having some issues with voicecomputer recently.

The first issue is that somehow the microphone off command is triggering too much. Before I installed voicecomputer I never had this issue, now the microphone randomly turns off and I don't want it to.

Also on some websites when I'm typing in a box a word I am trying to dictate will end up getting recognized on the webpage and it will display a choice between 2 different links. 

> I'm wondering if there is a command to gain focus on whatever the maximize window is.

I don't think I understand your question. In VC 2018 you can use the Intag Taskbar commands to switch to any window by saying "Task 7" where "7" is the number of the window you wish to switch to.

> when I change the settings for the font size for the intag's it doesn't change it for chrome

That's the way the program currently works. Chrome is a separate app from the rest of the Intags. To change the size of the Intags in Chrome, use the zoom feature in Chrome.

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic