The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intag in Chrome of files on local drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intag in Chrome of files on local drive
    Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:05am
Amended

Hello Ron

Suppose I enter into the address bar of Google Chrome a file in  the following form:

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/mybookmarkfile.htm

rather say a real internet address, http:// etc.

the HTML page displays exactly like a real webpage,

should that page Intag?

It was doing so, albeit intermittently, up until a couple of weeks ago. But there have been Windows 10 and Chrome updates and now it will not Intag (IN logo red). I think that your answer to this may unravel all of the issues that I have experienced with Voicecomputer. 

Kind regards, Stephen

P.S. My real homepage is a matrix of links. I prefer to keep this on the local drive so that this page is not public.

Edited by Nimbargent - 27 Aug 2018 at 12:45am
ronAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 6:20pm
>should that page Intag?

Evidently not. It doesn't for me although I think it used to.

Duplicating what you're doing doesn't display the page as a webpage but more like an FTP site, which is not accessible - unless you set up overlays.

Nimbargent View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 10:49pm
Thank you, Ron. It did work up until a couple of weeks ago (albeit in an irregular manner).

If I create a web page that is not publically-linked; when I click on a link, recipients can trace the page from which the click arose. I am not sure that that can be made private.

The alternative Chrome numbering system does populate the local (non-web) page.

Anyway, this could explain the earlier problems that I had.  I will retest over the forthcoming week.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic