The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VC starts up random program at same time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetrad9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VC starts up random program at same time
    Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:31am

Hi Ron,

Whenever I start up Voicecomputer, another program starts up at the same time. Whenever I’d start Voicecomputer, a program called Active Presenter would also start-up. This went on for a couple of months. Now whenever I start up Voicecomputer, instead of Active Presenter starting, now Audacity starts at the same time? Strange behaviour.

The similarity between these programs is that they both start with the letter “A”. I’ve tested the situation by not using Voicecomputer and only starting Dragon naturally speaking itself and this problem does not occur. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:28am
Very strange. Haven't seen this. Would say it's impossible. 

When you click on the VoiceComputer icon, you're clicking on a link that starts a utility that opens and closes VP.exe (the VoiceComputer executable) and Dragon. VP.exe is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer

So, as a workaround, you could create a shortcut to VP.exe on your desktop and then open Dragon and then click on the shortcut to open the VoiceComputer program. 

What are the executable names of Audacity and Active Presenter?

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
thetrad9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetrad9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:53am
Hi Ron, 
So when I do your workaround, no probs, no additional program pops up! 
Weird indeed.  

The executable name of the programs are :

audacity.exe

ActivePresenter.exe

Best

RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 8:11am
I'm quite sure this has something to do with your computer but within a week I'll send you a startup file that will help us locate when the audacity.exe or ActivePresenter.exe files get started so we can figure out what's going on.
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic