The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intags focus keeps changing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetrad9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intags focus keeps changing
    Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 3:11am
Hi Ron, 
Whilst i'm happy with the 2018 version update, i'm using version 2.0.5, there's something that's driving me crazy.  Whenever I select a window & the Intag function kicks in & numbers all links etc, it quickly loses focus and selects nothing. 

I.e the Intags loose focus of the window i'm working with and instead, Intag an imaginary grid on the desktop.  The only way to get past this is to either say again "Task N" etc  or use the "switch to program" command.  

I work with 2 screens and often Intags will lose focus of the program i'm working on screen 2 and suddenly do the imaginary screen grid focus thing randomly on screen 1.  

Any ideas how I can fix this?
Many Thanks

RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:46am
Since the 2018 version always numbers the taskbar, it's more prone to losing focus than previous versions. (and then displaying a numbered grid over the desktop, letting you place focus by saying one of the numbers.) 
The solution usually is to keep one or more applications open on the desktop. But, you're doing that and still having problems. It must have something to do with your two monitor setup.
We'll fix this problem in our next major release. But, in the meantime, you can try automatically hiding the taskbar in desktop mode. This should eliminate the problem since the hidden taskbar won't be numbered. Or, I can send you a link to VC 2017 and you can use that until our next big release.

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
thetrad9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetrad9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:29am
Hi Ron,
Okay, I'll try the hidden taskbar method for a while and see how it goes.
Thanks !
thetrad9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetrad9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:44am
Also going forward, 
It would be great to be able to turn this function on/off in Voicecomputer settings.
Thanks
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 7:52pm
Yes, we hope to add this function and resolve the focus issue in the coming weeks...
Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic