The Voice Computer Forum visit our website at www.voicecomputer.com

Forum Home Forum Home > Speech Recognition > VoiceComputer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The numbers 1 to 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The numbers 1 to 4
    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:04am
I am a heavy dictator, and I dictate my business/legal text thoughtfully and slowly. I know that Dragon insists that its users should speak fluently and continuously.

Unfortunately and irritatingly, the system is reacting to heard words one, two,  three and four:

1, one, won
2, two, too, to
3, three, free
4, four, for, fore

I have tried to create an Intag-free zone within the Speech Productivity Dictation Boxes but this is only partly successful. Rob's new box, unfortunately, attracts the worst four Intags possible.

I am now switching off Intags during my business hours.

Is there any way to suppress Intags 1 to 4?   
Speech1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speech1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 5:44pm
Stephen,

I see that the Large version attracts even more (five of them LOL)

You can always remove specific numbers from your displaynumbers XML (in the <List> 1to300 section) but that's not advised because you will surely need them for other purposes.

I can easily create a button and link-free Dictation Box version that won't attract any Intags at all.
Let me know if you'd be interested in that.

Rob

Edited by Speech1965 - 17 Apr 2018 at 5:45pm
Nimbargent View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:34am
Thank you, Rob, for your efforts to create an Intag-free zone for dictation.

When you type many thousands of business-critical words per week as I do, it is frustrating when your work flies off the screen because you have spoken one of the lower numbers. Personally, I would like 1 to 9 to be banned (-: 

Dictation is best carried out in a "sand pitted" area, and that's where your Speech Productivity solutions can work really nicely in conjunction with Voicecomputer.

P.S. Numbered lists and clause numbers also cause problems where there is any hesitation.

Edited by Nimbargent - 18 Apr 2018 at 7:22am
RonK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 8:52am
There's another (simpler?) solution for your problem. 

When you wish to dictate 1-4, (or 1-9), you can say, "type 1", "type 2", etc., instead of just saying, "1"...

Ron

VoiceComputer Developer
Nimbargent View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimbargent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 6:02am
Originally posted by RonK RonK wrote:

There's another (simpler?) solution for your problem. 

When you wish to dictate 1-4, (or 1-9), you can say, "type 1", "type 2", etc., instead of just saying, "1"...

Thank you, Ron, but this doesn't help with the following:

1, one, won
2, two, too, to
3, three, free
4, four, for, fore

I think, however, that I have come up with a few ways of temporarily isolating the Intag functionality from typed text. It may sound like a minor issue, but it's quite infuriating when work suddenly disappears from the screen because a high occurrence ordinary word is interpreted as an Intag.

ronAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 9:14am
There is another way around this. 

Use Dragon's dictation mode.  "Dictation Mode On", "Dictation mode off".

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic